Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas gifts...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

What do you get for the people who have everything, and you have no money? Just this year I started talking to my dad's side of the family again, and I didn't realize we were invited to Christmas until my grandma and granda mentioned it last week. We weren't budgeting for gifts for them. I have 5 uncles:

one of which is in jail somewhere I think,

one doesn't talk to me or even look at me when I'm around, but he has a 12 year old son who I like (him and his wife, who I adore) recently divorced

one I've seen once in the last 5 years, and two that I do get along with.

Plus, the ones I like are both married, and one of them has 2 girls aged 4 and 1, the other has kids: Boy age 18 (who still lives at home), girl age 13 and girl age 4.

I feel like I have to get everyone something, but we really don't have the money. I have no idea what to get them, and I really want to try to keep it under like $75 for all of them.

I have no idea what to do. I mean, if we show up with nothing for anyone but the little kids and they all get us stuff I'm going to feel really awkward.

I really wish my dad was here so I could ask him, but he died 5 years ago so that doesn't help. Any advice???

in love            toddler girl       puppy     baby dust
Craig and Jen       Zoey Jane        Stella       TTC #2
  5-30-09            3-31-05

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Just_Bethy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Personally...I would only get the kids something....We don't usually do adults other than our parents and certainly not those who won't look at us!!!!! 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Lottery tickets lol.  

zoeysmom331
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I'm not planning to get anything for the uncle who won't look at me, but I might get his son something. I guess I just don't know what to do... I mean would it be rude to show up with gifts only for the kids?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:52 AM

No, that wouldn't be rude.  We only buy for the kids on my hubby's side.  There are too many adults to buy for.  Plus, you don't even know these people, so how would you buy for them?

Quoting zoeysmom331:

I'm not planning to get anything for the uncle who won't look at me, but I might get his son something. I guess I just don't know what to do... I mean would it be rude to show up with gifts only for the kids?

butterbear
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I think it is perfectly fine to just get the kids something. The older adults should understand. We are just buying for the kids the adults in my husband's family understands it's really for the children anyways. 

2boysnow
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

You really dont have to buy them anything if you want to be nice you could make them some cookies or something but I would probulary buy something for the kids :)

zoeysmom331
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Well I was thinking about just doing a game for the uncles/aunts I get along with, and something for my grandparents, but that really adds up after a few

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

No, that wouldn't be rude.  We only buy for the kids on my hubby's side.  There are too many adults to buy for.  Plus, you don't even know these people, so how would you buy for them?

Quoting zoeysmom331:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)