Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anything else for a newborn boy...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

I do plan on circing so I was wondering what I would need to take care of it?

Now I have a bassinet, although he will probably sleep with me and his daddy and sister. Size one diapers cause he will probably be big... vaseline, q-tips and alcohol for his cord, and pacis and a thing of bottles. should I get anything else? I have wipes cause my dd is still in diapers.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingrlovesong
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM

It depends on how they do the circ. My DS had the ring, and it didn't need any extra care or attention that the umbilical cord stump didn't get.

I would suggest one pack of newborn diapers. My DS was 8lbs when he was born, but wore the newborn size for a month.

congrats!!!

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy

Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

The only thing we used on my DS for his circumcision was petroleum jelly.

I too would recommend at least 1 pkg newborn diapers.  My son was 6lbs. 7oz. and he wore them for like a month or two.

CafeMom Tickerssanta blue

lvnmylif
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Get the neosporin plus pain relief.  With my last three boys we put that on the penis at every diaper change. 

Trinity0820
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Quoting lvnmylif:

Get the neosporin plus pain relief.  With my last three boys we put that on the penis at every diaper change. 

ohhh i had no idea... I will definatly get that next month thanks!!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Butterfly200821
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM

The hospital that I delivered my son at gave us what we needed to take care of his circumsision and told us how to take care of it. But each hospital is different. I'm just thankfully that we are having a little girl this time around lol The nurses at the hospital that I had our son at said to take the gauze off after 5-7 days, we waited the full 7 days and when I went to take the gauze off part of it got stuck and he started to bleed a little(for no more than like 2-3 minutes), but he screammed bloody murder when the gauze got stuck. He's 13 months old now and he's perfectly fine :) Congratulations and Good Luck :)

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Quoting Butterfly200821:

The hospital that I delivered my son at gave us what we needed to take care of his circumsision and told us how to take care of it. But each hospital is different. I'm just thankfully that we are having a little girl this time around lol The nurses at the hospital that I had our son at said to take the gauze off after 5-7 days, we waited the full 7 days and when I went to take the gauze off part of it got stuck and he started to bleed a little(for no more than like 2-3 minutes), but he screammed bloody murder when the gauze got stuck. He's 13 months old now and he's perfectly fine :) Congratulations and Good Luck :)

IF IT EVER GET STUCK LIKE THAT PUT HIM IN WARM WATER IT WILL COME RIGHT OFF WITHOUT THE PAIN

ToraMay
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Oh wow... I can't remember what we used for our boys's circs besides petroleum jelly... What we had for them at birth was a bassinett (even co-sleeping a bassinett is nice for nap time), recieving blankets, heavier blankets for winter, 3 shirts, several onesies and jumpers. Bottles and binkies, if you want. We never used mittens with any of them, though we had some.

prego7386
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:50 AM

nope sounds good..we found that putting a small amount of vaseline on the front of the diaper worked really well instead of that gauze thing some do...one tip though that didnt cross my husbands mind is don't put to much vaseline or the pee wont absorb and just shoot out the top lmao

LennonT0609
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM

baby q tips! lol and you don't necessarily need alcohol for the belly button. I used it for my son, but you just need to keep it dry and aired out, that's what my doctor told me.

and diaper rash cream. I recommend Bordeux's butt paste, it works wonders! 

LennonT0609
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:52 AM

oh and the hospital gave me cream for his circ, i believe it was just an A&D ointment. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)