Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont think im "mother" material

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM
  • 38 Replies

Idk what happened to me. I've always been GREAT with kids. Volunteered afterschool with the special needs children, worked a daycare. Doted on my baby brother and sister.

Then I got pregnant. And couldnt stand ANY children. My niece drove me up a wall in under 30 seconds.

Thought it would get better when i wasnt crazy hormonal.

my sons 11 months old and i love him to death, but at the same time i hate him. Half the day i feel like breaking his neck. I have NEVER hurt my child, nor will i, but he drives me nuts.

i dont know wtf is wrong with me, i cant have another child if this is the person ive become.

what kind of mother hates her child so much sometimes?

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsRich0225
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM

i dont think u hate him, he just annoys u sumtimes.

Nicole88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Think you suffer from PPD? I know we all get frustrated but I've never had those feelings. I had a small bout with PPD after my youngest was born but I was more emotionally detatched than anything and we had that fixed. I'm sorry you're struggling!  

cmb121906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Yikes!! I would talk to your Dr. You could very well be depressed!!

sgtdemanda
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

You should talk to your doctor about post partum depression...your feelings sound a lot like what some women experience with that.

I wish you luck - that sounds like an awful way to have to live *hugs*

lvnmylif
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Being around other children is nothing like having your own.  I know a few people who were great with kids then had one of their own and things were not quite right.  If you have felt like this since his birth you may want to seek out some sort of help.  It kind of sounds like a PPD or some sort of hormonal imbalance. 

Aislinn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I agree with the above posters. I think it is time to go see your doctor and rule out depression. Good luck!

lovemylittle1
by Hollywood ♥ Dream on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 AM

In ways, I am alot like you. I love my daughter to death and would never do anything to hurt her, but there are days where I absolutely cannot stand her, she drives me up the wall and I just want to send her to Grandmas for a couple days. But then it gets better. It wil get better.

BTW: my daughter is 2 1/2

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

USMCBride08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM

how do i talk to him about something that could have my kid taken from me

im scared he would call cps on me

Quoting sgtdemanda:

You should talk to your doctor about post partum depression...your feelings sound a lot like what some women experience with that.

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

sgtdemanda
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I should add, I had bad PPD with my twins.  Never the feelings of hurting them or myself, but anxiety, doubt (along the lines of I'd look at my kids and think "What have I done?  I can't do this?", fear to be alone with them....it has all sorts of awful symptoms.   Medication helped A LOT.  

Again good luck.  If you want to add me as a friend to give you some support go ahead :)

Amanda

sassired8
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM

If you haven't hurt him I don't see why they would...You're seeking help BEFORE it would ever become that....

Quoting USMCBride08:

how do i talk to him about something that could have my kid taken from me

im scared he would call cps on me

Quoting sgtdemanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)