Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy how 1 little thing can ruin a big day ... =(

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM
  • 25 Replies

ok so i been looking for a job since summer & no luck (say u dont believe it all u want , its the truth! -- i can name 6 other people around here who did it too and found nothing). so its been up to ryne to do bills, get ready for harmoni (shes already here lol but when i was pregnant) , and save for xmas and bday.

well now xmas is here & we did good , i guess , got 2 lay aways out , payed on them on time and everything ... i was late once , but it was my damn cars fault!! ... got them out now. got a few odd and end things for her ... got her bday party taken care of (next pay) ... bills are caught up (except 2 , but will be the day after xmas!) ... but as i look at harmonis list (i made lol) the 3 things i was hopeing more than anything to get her arent here. its heartbreaking to me. i feel like i failed as a mom & a provider to her and ryne. i applied for a job the other day and swore to myself since i was 18 id never ever give a sob story &  i did ... i still dk if ill get it , but damn will it help. i know one of the waitresses and i cried to her about everything and she started to cry , than said shed put in a good word.

now im on craigslist selling everything in the closests (that we dont use,need,want of course)...but its taking so long to get replies its killing me

i know it shouldnt matter the gifts , and it doesnt. but its the fact i want her to have something from mommy , not from mommy w/ daddys money ... and i want to get ryne something ... hes sacrificed so much =(

sorry just a late vent =(

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelsbug05
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM

How old is you DD shes adorable. i know how you feel i had a job before i went on leave and i still have one so bump for that hope you find something but while on leave times were rough bills do get paid but there are bills that slide also. I do work 3 days a week because i still take care of DD shes 3 months and i have to use his money to buy things. He says its our money if youd like to think of it that way thats how it should be. I make my own money and there is one thing i hope to get DD her tummy time mat and i hope i get it. I do not make much of my own money right now so i can feel your pain but honestly if shes really little she wont know that you didnt get it for xmas just buy it when you can and she will be happy. good luck

AydensMom8590
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM

i hear ya mommy! im in the same boat but it seems as if your doing better.... my sons bday is on the 22nd and christmas is around the corner and i have no money period for presents....i feel horrible. my DH works and thats barely enough... hang in there!!! im with ya

kissing                    toddler boy

MOMMY & DADDY     &       OUR SON "AYDEN"

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM

she is 11 1/2 months (12-26 is her bday) ...

i dont like to think of it as 'our money' either ... idk it just doesnt seem right. like right now if i wanted to order shoes or something for myself , id still have to ask (bc its not my money) .. not that i would order something i dont need lol example.

Quoting kelsbug05:

How old is you DD shes adorable. i know how you feel i had a job before i went on leave and i still have one so bump for that hope you find something but while on leave times were rough bills do get paid but there are bills that slide also. I do work 3 days a week because i still take care of DD shes 3 months and i have to use his money to buy things. He says its our money if youd like to think of it that way thats how it should be. I make my own money and there is one thing i hope to get DD her tummy time mat and i hope i get it. I do not make much of my own money right now so i can feel your pain but honestly if shes really little she wont know that you didnt get it for xmas just buy it when you can and she will be happy. good luck

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM

thank u. i have like 8 ads on CL right now , and no ones biting ... i mean its ALL good clothes NEW or looks new , taken care of ... like hello?! LOL

Quoting AydensMom8590:

i hear ya mommy! im in the same boat but it seems as if your doing better.... my sons bday is on the 22nd and christmas is around the corner and i have no money period for presents....i feel horrible. my DH works and thats barely enough... hang in there!!! im with ya

wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:50 AM

i hope things get better for you and your lil girl :)

imamombygrace
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Mama I think you are doing a awesome job at providing for you dd. Take a look at what you just wrote above. How many times on CM have you seen a Mom speak of trying to sell off items of value that is theirs...just to give a gift to their child? I haven't read that too many times on here and to me that is pretty awesome. Even if they do not sell remember this..you have tried and exhausted all your options. I think that makes you a wonderful Mom..not a failure. May all your things sell Mama to get the things you long for..for your little one this Christmas. She is absolutely adorable:)

Mommy2Caitlin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Best of luck and hope you can find something soon even if it is just at a fast food place or gas station. My DD bday is also 12/26 she will be 4.

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

i dont like to think of it as 'our money' either ... idk it just doesnt seem right. like right now if i wanted to order shoes or something for myself , id still have to ask (bc its not my money) .. not that i would order something i dont need lol example.

Quoting kelsbug05:

kelsbug05
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I dont like to call it our money either he usually just gives me a certain amount out of his pay for what Ava and I need but i feel ya i still work 3 days so i can pay my bills and make a little of my own money what did you want for her?

By the way i seen that you live in uniontown i live in washington pa

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:54 AM

THANK U! like when i 1st started looking i said never fast food ! (i wont do gas stations around here bc they get robbed on a weekly basis) ... but now im applying everywhere i see. i sent my resume to a place and idk what they do! lol my bf said i probably applied to be a call girl and not know! he tries to make light of this so im not pissed off 24/7 ... it helps sometimes.

awe! how is it having a bday the day after xmas? lol ... i dont think were doing gifts on the 26th , daddy is taking us to dinner and were going to order her desert and have them sing lol ... and her party is jan 3rd so shell get our gift than.

Quoting Mommy2Caitlin:

Best of luck and hope you can find something soon even if it is just at a fast food place or gas station. My DD bday is also 12/26 she will be 4.

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

Quoting kelsbug05:

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:56 AM

he gives me his bank card and tells me go pick up what we need for the apartment,wat harmoni needs,and w/e i want/need ... but i dont i skip the last part. he gets mad , but he just dont understand.

i wanted a kitchen set , its 79 @ walmart and comes w/ accessories so that saves a little w/o having to buy stuff to go w/it ... table and chairs (we had that - well his mom did , but they sold out! =( ) ... and a reading chair , like to sit next to her bookshelf.

oh i have been to washington a few times ! the new outlets ! thats where i got all her clothes !!

Quoting kelsbug05:

I dont like to call it our money either he usually just gives me a certain amount out of his pay for what Ava and I need but i feel ya i still work 3 days so i can pay my bills and make a little of my own money what did you want for her?

By the way i seen that you live in uniontown i live in washington pa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)