• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a friend of mine asked me a question -- idk how to find it , any info?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

a friend of mine's cousin got a citation for driving w/o a licence ... he was wondering how much it would be ... idk where to look ... or would he have to wait til it comes?

hes in pa if that matters.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM

He shouldve gotten a pamphlet from the police officer.  Look up your loval traffic violation costs.  In some cases, if he sends a copy of his valid license, then it may be dismissed.  Best option really is to hire a lawyer since most cops HATE to go to court!  You can also usually go to driving school and then send them the certificate and it could be dismissed.  i think you can do that option every 3 years and now they offer driving school online as well!

junebug624
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Im from PA and if memory serves me, you can dispute it once you get the official copy in the mail.  Your county may have an online law library depending on what county he's in... It should have on there what to do for traffic violations.  I cant imagine it would be very much... when I was 17 I got a citation for driving after 11pm on a junior lisence and it was $115.  There isnt any reason to hire a lawyer because this a minor offense and the fine will be way less than actually paying a retainer's fee.  As long as he doesnt have a long list of similar offenses it wont be so bad.  P.S. In this state, if you go to court and the officer doesnt show up, it gets thrown out.  My friend has gotten out of numerous speeding tickets for this reason.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

myrtlebeach
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:05 AM

The citation didnt have the amount on it. I believe its around 200 bucks.

Birdsong2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Do you mean the friend's cousin got a ticket for driving without a license because he didn't have one or a ticket without a license because he didn't have it on his person?

I would imagine it wouldn't be very much he forgot it but if he didn't have one to begin with it may be quite high.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

sorry should have said it , lol . he doesnt have one ... why he had the car - no idea!

Quoting Birdsong2:

Do you mean the friend's cousin got a ticket for driving without a license because he didn't have one or a ticket without a license because he didn't have it on his person?

I would imagine it wouldn't be very much he forgot it but if he didn't have one to begin with it may be quite high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)