• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

there should be a law against selling toys in difficult to wrap shapes!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  • 23 Replies
Seriously!!! My new rule for Christmas is if it doesn't come in a box we're not buying it. Either that or Santa is investing in gift bags next year. Screw the gold wrapping paper.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aj23
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I sell Avon so I have a ton of the boxes they ship the stuff in. Most of my gifts are all the same size no matter what is in them. I've had a few that were shipped to me so I open them and take out the packing slip and tape them back up and wrap. I have a whole collection of perfect box shaped presents :) 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:06 AM

ewww i feel you I had to wrap two impossible cars.

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:06 AM

LOL I feel ya! Usually if it comes shaped weird I buy a buge square box and put it in that before I wrap it......plus its fun to make people think I bought them a huge present LMAO

CafeMom Tickers
freedomthinks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Well there should be as  well as the toy that is secured in the package  with  20 twisty ties  grrrr

jrp0606
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM
Or ones that you need a screw driver to get WTH is up with that!!!
Quoting freedomthinks:

Well there should be as  well as the toy that is secured in the package  with  20 twisty ties  grrrr

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM

oh and dont forget those toys that come in a million pieces and you have to put them together. ugh!

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Me and Todd already talked about this lol. I said next year thats the rule. I had to wrap and re-wrap damn tigger .. his arm kept poking the wrapping. Ugh .. a few others too. I was really frustrated.  

wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM

geez louise i know i wish i could pound em in lol.i leave those to hubby :)

freedomthinks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Right    !   We end up taking the all the  ties and stuff off  before we wrap them ,  I mean really  what lil kid should have to fight with his box for 20 min to play with the toy  !!! . 

Quoting jrp0606:

Or ones that you need a screw driver to get WTH is up with that!!!
Quoting freedomthinks:

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:14 AM

just do like my mom does, get a huge box and fill it with bags of rocks and put the little weird shaped thing in the bottom under all the rocks. (as long as it won't break obviously) she did this to me in high school lol. its funny and then you don't have to try to wrap the weird shape :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)