• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 16 month old wont eat...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

My dd is 16 months old (tomorrow), and I'm having the HARDEST time getting her to eat anything.  She will eat in the morning and that is pretty much the only time I KNOW she will eat anything.  Usually she'll have pancakes or french toast (no syrup) or maybe a bowl of cearel and yogurt.  Then througout the day it is a struggle to get her to eat anything else.  Today she ate about 3/4 of a banana and some goldfish.  Normally she LOVES carrots (cooked) and she wouldn't even take a bite of them.  I don't know what to do.  When she was 12 months she weighed 20lbs and at her 15 month appt she was still 20lbs and I had to take her in a few days ago because she had her first fever and she had lost an ounce!  She is still breastfed and I'm using that as a last resort now, I'll offer her all different foods now and then breastmilk later if she absolutly won't eat.  Is this normal behavior?  Has anyone else gone through this?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MegB8402
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM

i feel your pain. I can't get my son to eat and he's 18 months. Breakfast is the only time he really eats anything. Even then it's a fight and he always wants what I'm eating. usually a bagel.

last nigth I did get him to eat a good dinner. I made taco salad and eh gobbled it right up. he's never had it before.

My advice try new things. Sometimes they get bored.

ann202124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM

It is normal she will go trough a growth spurt soon and you will wonder where all the food she is eating is going.

mommyheartsKS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  It's perfectly normal for kids to go through these periods when they won't eat very much....then suddenly eat a lot.  It just goes like that whenever they're about to hit another growth spurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)