Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm A Fraud!!! Are you one too?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

So tomorrow is a bake sale and I am making cookies....from premade dough already in the cookie shape. Dh said I am a fraud but I think sometimes it's okay to cheat:) What are your "cheats" in life?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM

betty crocker is my homie lol

xksmommy88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM

i make cookies and cakes like that... when i make spag. i put in a seasoning packet for it lol

My little Family:)  in lovetoddler boytoddler girl
                                      Hubby&I         Xander (5)       Kaedan (2)

imamombygrace
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I'm a fraud too.

I admit that I was suppose to make four dozen chocolate chip cookies and a pecan pie for my oldest DD's Thanksgiving lunch at school. My youngest had a really rough night and I was up until late with her. The program..song by the children(each class) and lunch wasn't scheduled until 11 AM. I thought I had plenty of time to get everything ready fresh that morning. I was so tired that I bought all the cookies from a bakery and the pie. Then I warmed them up...took them to school wrapped up in tin foil..for that homemade look. I technically did not lie. I just let everyone assume I made them..no one ever asked me..lol.

Lori_G4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM

I will share my motto with you.... "I cook from scratch ALL the time! .... Well, I have to scratch open the top of the box, don't I?" LOL! Feel free to use it anytime you'd like.....

Chris & Lori             Valerie-11             Brian-8                  Dalton-6           Maya-Jan 3, '08

I home school because I have seen the village, and I don't want it educating my children!

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM

***GASP*** How dare you not make cookies from scratch! LOL I am totally a fraud! Besides I dont care who you are you cant beat that dough boy!!!

CafeMom Tickers
wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM

good gravy,one time i made some damn bisquits hell you could use them as a hammer lmao.i am a good cook but i cant do some things

MsDean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I am usually pretty good at baking except for pie crusts and buiscuts/rolls. Man I make some great cupcakes and cakes thoguh. Cookies are obviously not my strong suit either :)

Quoting wicked_tink:

good gravy,one time i made some damn bisquits hell you could use them as a hammer lmao.i am a good cook but i cant do some things

MsDean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Foil is a nice touch, I am definatly using that :)

Quoting imamombygrace:

I'm a fraud too.

I admit that I was suppose to make four dozen chocolate chip cookies and a pecan pie for my oldest DD's Thanksgiving lunch at school. My youngest had a really rough night and I was up until late with her. The program..song by the children(each class) and lunch wasn't scheduled until 11 AM. I thought I had plenty of time to get everything ready fresh that morning. I was so tired that I bought all the cookies from a bakery and the pie. Then I warmed them up...took them to school wrapped up in tin foil..for that homemade look. I technically did not lie. I just let everyone assume I made them..no one ever asked me..lol.

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM

nope, I love to bake! 

but some people don't, and hey, at least you're sending something! And I'm sure no one will know the difference!

funny side note: my dd, who is 5, calls it 'baking from scratching'  :-) 

armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Ummm if it requires any skill at all in the kitchen I am a total and complete fraud. I cannot cook. I ended up taking DD to the ER today but I went ahead and sent my pie to the family dinner I was supposed to be at. It was a chocolate pudding pie.... I put pudding in a cheapo crust I bought from walmart.... and it was instant pudding too... so I literally mixed and poured... my aunt did the cool whip.... and that is about the extent of my abilities in the kitchen LMAO 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)