Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Nanny to a 4 1/2 month old baby boy....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello, CM!

I'm going to be baby sitting a 4 and half old baby boy. Well i have a two year old boy. I know how to take care of a baby and all that. But i will like to know should i start feed this baby cereal? His parents want to start. But should I? As for as a schedule he doesn't have one. So should i put him in one? What kind of things should i do with him? Is winter here in Chicago. So let me know. Thanks Ladies.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
babipeanut
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Ask the parents if they want YOU to feed him food. If so , do it. He is thier son, it's thier decision.  As far as what you can do with him ---same as you would yours.  Play , read, cuddle, take him shopping, go see the lights and Santa. etc.....

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:38 AM

i would take my cues from the baby. if he did ok with the cereal, fine, if not, then i wouldnt try to force it on him just because they want him to have it. personally, i would have a semi-schedule for him. like feed him around the same time, nap around the same time...but not on the dot every day. just so youre both comfortable. your schedule could be way off from what they want him on when hes home.

i would also keep him inside. lol its freakin cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)