Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does this make me a B**ch??? :(

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM
  • 15 Replies

My fiance and I were at Walmart earlier today and my mom calls his phone. There's only one reason that she would've called him and not me and that's to talk about me...I just know that. I figured she was Christmas shopping so whatever. I let them talk. I like surprises. So I walked away.

But then after he gets off the phone with her he comes and finds me. Kinda him-haws around, wanting to tell me what she said but then also not wanting to tell me anything. He said she was calling to ask if I would like a certain something for Christmas. He said he told her that I would like it, just didn't know if I would use it or not...and he wanted to ask me to be sure. So finally he did and apparently she wanted to buy me an Ipod. VERY nice and generous of her. But I would never use an Ipod. So I told him to tell her no. I don't want her to waste her money on something that I have no use for. Those things are expensive! Apparently, that makes me a bitch.

Why? Because I should be thankful for what I get? I am. I'm NOT trying to be ungrateful or bitchy, I just don't want her to waste her money on something that will just end up sitting somewhere in my house!

It makes me feel like shit that he said I was being a bitch. The last thing I would EVER want to do is hurt my mom. She's my best friend. It also makes me feel like shit because after 3 years of being together, he doesn't know me AT ALL. The two closest people to me (my fiance and my mother) don't pay enough attention to me to know whether or not I would like something. I'm not a hard person to figure out.....I don't know. Just feeling like shit and wondering why I have to be bitchy just because I don't want an Ipod....

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 AM

idk how that makes u a bitch

personally i wouldnt spend ipod money on someone who doesnt want one either lol ... theres only one use for it & if ur not using it -- why have it?!

like i said not a bitch to me =)

1stTimeMama2010
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Totally doesn't make you a bitch in my book. Just makes you seem sensible and like you don't want your mom to waste her money.

prego7386
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM

eh maybe it was just the way you said...like something came threw that he misread as having an attitude. men arent made to be good readers of body language so he could have just gotten the wires crossed.

Martina70

I don't think it makes you a bitch.

It's not like you are bring ungratefulfor a gift you RECIEVED. On the contrary, you value and recognize the expensive the gift which is why you would rather get something a little more affordable and practical.

cuddlebunnymom

Maybe he wanted it!!!  I don't think your being bitchy.  I would have told my mother the same thing.  I would love an ipod though so i wouldn't have to change cd's in the car but if you have no use for it then i wouldn't want her to waist her money on it.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Men are weird. You're not a bitch because of that. 

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Thanks ladies...

Now I'm hoping she didn't go ahead and buy it...cause I know he was supposed to call her back but I don't think he did and I also know her phone died not too long after that...I'm going to feel horrible (and stupid) if she did buy it.

Stupid because my fiance who seems to not know me at all told her that I would like it...

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Quoting prego7386:

eh maybe it was just the way you said...like something came threw that he misread as having an attitude. men arent made to be good readers of body language so he could have just gotten the wires crossed.

This iam always being accused of being in a bad mood or bitchy when everything is just fine!!!Men are clueless 95% of the time not take offence.You might just a hard person to buy for KWIM

MommytoKenzie08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I don't think you are being a bitch at all. Ipods are expensive and I can see why you wouldn't want her to waste money on it, if you don't plan on using it that much. Maybe it's just me but I love the fuzzy socks and cheap PJs for Christmas, I would much rather have something along those lines hehe.

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Quoting MommytoKenzie08:

I don't think you are being a bitch at all. Ipods are expensive and I can see why you wouldn't want her to waste money on it, if you don't plan on using it that much. Maybe it's just me but I love the fuzzy socks and cheap PJs for Christmas, I would much rather have something along those lines hehe.

Yeah, and the thing is, is she's already buying me a camera. That was the one thing we talked about and I told her that's all I wanted. To focus on the kids for Christmas this year because we're all tight on money. So now she wants to buy me the camera AND an Ipod? She's NUTS! I don't want anything else. Christmas isn't about the gifts anyways :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)