Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she hopes I get deployed.....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

DD's grandma e-mails me from time to time. The last few e-mails we exchanged, she kept asking if I was getting deployed. She'd ask "are you going back to Korea". I said no. Then she asked "are you going to Iraq". I said no. Then she asked "is your unit leaving anytime soon". I said no. I'm thinking she thinks that if I do get deployed, her son will take DD...which he won't because we're dual military so he can't go on my family care plan. Is it just me? I seem to be one-sided sometimes and don't see other sides.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
catwalksymphony
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I'm assuming you guys aren't together? Is there some sort of custody agreement? If there is it should be assumed that if you get deployed the childs father should have first priority to accept the child into his home. Regardless of your care plan. Unless he's deploying as well. Then whomever has primary custody gets to decide who the child stays with.

Just sounds like a grandmother that misses her grandchild, though she's going about trying to see the kid all wrong. Do you guys usually get along? 

cuddlebunnymom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I would just ask her why she keeps asking.  Maybe she just wants to see your DD.  Maybe set up a time that she could see her or possibly spend a night or two with her. 

MsRich0225
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Me and his mom....yeah we're friendly. Me and him, not so much. If he were a civilian, I wouldn't care but since he's military and will more than likely get deployed before me, he's not going in my FCP. As a matter of fact, he can't go in the FCP for that very reason. I think he said his unit is leaving either at the end of 2010 or sometime in 2011. I'm not going anywhere...my unit doesn't do combat tours.

MsRich0225
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Quoting cuddlebunnymom:

I would just ask her why she keeps asking.  Maybe she just wants to see your DD.  Maybe set up a time that she could see her or possibly spend a night or two with her. 

Yeah, that was the plan. I love in TX, she lives in VA. I was going to go to NC and she was going to meet me there and take DD for the weekend. My leave got submitted too late I wasn't going to pay $$$$$$ for a last minute ticket so I didn't go. She'll get her chance, she just has to wait until her boy takes leave.

cuddlebunnymom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Quoting MsRich0225:

Quoting cuddlebunnymom:

Yeah, that was the plan. I love in TX, she lives in VA. I was going to go to NC and she was going to meet me there and take DD for the weekend. My leave got submitted too late I wasn't going to pay $$$$$$ for a last minute ticket so I didn't go. She'll get her chance, she just has to wait until her boy takes leave.

Since you guys are friendly try suggesting to her that she come and visit with you guys.  I live in VA too and maybe getting away from the cold weather would be nice.  Maybe tell her that she's more than welcome to come and visit when she wants then you won't get 20 questions all the time.

MsRich0225
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Quoting cuddlebunnymom:

Quoting MsRich0225:

Quoting cuddlebunnymom:

Since you guys are friendly try suggesting to her that she come and visit with you guys.  I live in VA too and maybe getting away from the cold weather would be nice.  Maybe tell her that she's more than welcome to come and visit when she wants then you won't get 20 questions all the time.

Yea.......that's between and her boy. We're friendly but I don't like her like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)