Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS NAME?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Like them?

Options:

yes

no

To each is own

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

SANTINO MERCER --for a boy

SAMARA MEI--for a girl

I am Chinese Italian German Irish Scottish Puerto Rican Spaniard Black and my hubby is West Indian and English.  We prefer unique name names. 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junebug624
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I love all the names except for Mercer because its a town near where I live in Pennsylvania.... and thats all I can think of when I hear it...

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:43 AM

to be honest -- i really do! i know a samara as well.

Draysmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I love the name Samara Mei.. I would seriously consider it for a little girl if I had one. But the only thing that would give me second thoughts, and it might not you. Its one of the  main points my family reminded me of when we were doing names.. Is the little girl from the horror movie The ring.. is named Samara. And sometimes little kids are mean and tease each other... I didnt really think to much of it.. but then you remember being in school and those that did get made fun of. I did and my name is Emerald i mean really what can you turn that into!! lol but they called me dumb as a rock LOL

just my opinion, Its a beautiful name tho!!

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I love the girl name!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Kizbee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM

I like them!  I had a friend in h.s. who named her daughter Samara.

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Our other option for a middle name for the boy was Mattias, but my mom has a guy at work whose son's first name is that and he didnt like that we were going to use it.

Mei means beautiful in Chinese and Samara I know is from the little girl from the Ring but truly all she wanted was a Mother and it is just a movie plus my middle name is Mara, so it is like a junior but not a junior.  Hehe!

JANEDOE5683
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I love your name for a girl, it is sooo pretty!!

My husbands name is Aaron, so we named our DD Airinskylar....

“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”   ----Michael Jackson

sunfreezeinmi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:25 AM

I love the name Samara. I wouldn't worry about using it, if you want to. Samara was in the Bible loooong before it was a name of a creepy chick in a pretty lame horror movie. =)

Quoting MixedCooke:

Our other option for a middle name for the boy was Mattias, but my mom has a guy at work whose son's first name is that and he didnt like that we were going to use it.

Mei means beautiful in Chinese and Samara I know is from the little girl from the Ring but truly all she wanted was a Mother and it is just a movie plus my middle name is Mara, so it is like a junior but not a junior.  Hehe!

lismore
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Quoting boyd-family:

I love the girl name!!!

twilight3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:03 AM
I looove Samara!! I like Santino, is sooo italian!! I come from an 100% italian family, so it's a common name for us!!

R.I.P. dad 9/7/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)