• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it make you a gold digger if...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
Does it make you a gold digger if you'd date someone you weren't attracted to physically when you first met but you give them a chance because they have a great job? (Just curious, not me...so no bashing me)
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM

yes

"i aint sayin she a gold digger .. but she aint messing w/ no broke n..."

lol kanye ...

ready_for2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:47 AM

hmmm if it was JUST for the money, then yes. if it is in the same career field as you, so you think you might have similar interests or something like that, then no.

aCajunAngel

lol....

"I aint sayin she a gold digga"

kelsbug05

i would have to say yes and it usually ends badly.. job shouldnt matter if you love the person. if its not you then who is it thats like that ?

vainco
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:48 AM

yes 

m0ml0v3s2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I would say if the only reason u decide to give a 2nd chance is the job then yes ur a gold digger sorry just how it is.

alee77
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 AM

yes.

Gooberzilla
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Define "great job".  An interesting, fascinating line of work that you think would lead to interesting conversations and probably indicates an interesting person, then no.

A "great job" meaning a job that pays a lot of money-then maybe.  I think it indicates a level of snobbery, but not necessarily "gold digging".

Rebecca
loving wife to Chris (9-28)in love
and proud mommy to miracle preemie Lillian (12-31-08)baby girl

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM

A job shouldnt be the reason why you are interested in someone IMO, but to each their own.....maybe they could have a marriage of convenience. It happens all the time!

CafeMom Tickers
a_and_j_momma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM
I work with doctors and the ones that are not attractive at all have these drop dead gorgeous wives. I hate thinking that's why their wives married them BUT I'm sure that's not the only reason. I just think iut helped some overlook the looks thing but fell in love with the person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)