Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car seat question

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:50 AM
  • 48 Replies

okay so my husband is in boot camp and im going to pick him up on wens for christmas exdous.... well he has always done the car seats well he asked me to take his dads truck instead of his or my car so i have to take my car seat out and put it in his...

well to pick my husband up the truck has to be fully inspected and that means car seat has to be PERFECT tightness harness on daugher right etc.... well how do i make sure it is put in correctly.... she is 21mths old and is 36pds( i know she is nothing but thighs lol) well i need to know how to correctly install it.........

this is a picture of her in my car.... not in truck

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marymomma83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Put the chest clip at arm pit level.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM

k... i started doing that again bc she was taking her arms out and i asked my mom how could she be doing that and she said it was the clip and since its been on her chest she hasnt even tried

Quoting marymomma83:

Put the chest clip at arm pit level.

JenB1983
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Push her chest clip up(armpit level); and just make sure her harness is "snug as a hug".  She's a doll!

But with the inspection(to go on base I'm guessing); they won't inspect your carseat.  None of them give a damn.  Sad. :-(

marymomma83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I have a car so I'm not sure about a truck I'm sorry.  How high does that seat rf till?

kelsbug05
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Does it have a base? make sure the seatbelt is through the bottom of the base and if you have a latch connect the latch belt to the latch on the top of the truck or car if there isnt one just buckle the seat belt across the base part and pull the seatbelt out all the way if it has a locking mechanism it will make a clicking sound when letting it go back in.. sorry if thats confusing there is websites to look at or go to your local police department thye can check for you

armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM

35 pounds... I have the same seat....

OP... I didn;t even know they inspected that LOL....

Quoting marymomma83:

I have a car so I'm not sure about a truck I'm sorry.  How high does that seat rf till?

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM

idk... we were wanting to know how big and old she had to be rf so we went to the local highway patrol office and they wieghed her and said she was big enough to be ff.... and thats what we were wondering is wieght wise and safety and they said she would be just fine...

but idk how to even find out?

Quoting marymomma83:

marymomma83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Should say it in the manual hun.  My kiddo is about the same age as yours but still rear faces

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

idk... we were wanting to know how big and old she had to be rf so we went to the local highway patrol office and they wieghed her and said she was big enough to be ff.... and thats what we were wondering is wieght wise and safety and they said she would be just fine...

Quoting marymomma83:

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 AM

i didnt either but when his drill sgt called me today to make sure i had the right time arrangements and stuff she asked me would i be bringing her and then he told me to make sure it was correctly installed

dh couldnt call he was in the er... hurt his ankel or something she really wouldnt tell me bc it was a stricktly confiming time arrangement call

Quoting armywifenmom09:

35 pounds... I have the same seat....

OP... I didn;t even know they inspected that LOL....

Quoting marymomma83:

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM

oh so should i turn her around?

Quoting marymomma83:

Should say it in the manual hun.  My kiddo is about the same age as yours but still rear faces

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

Quoting marymomma83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)