• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever.......

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ordered anything from Amazon.com? I have a three year old that is really into dinosaurs and he wants the Monty Rex Stomper Dinosaur from Playskool. Well, at Walmart they are $59.00. I about fainted. He really wants this. Money is tight right now and I want to be able to get this for him. So I was thinking why not look for it online. I Googled it and found it on Amazon.com for $29.00. It can be here by Christmas and it is eligible for free shipping. I am so afraid that it is too good to be true. I am torn. Do I go and buy it at Walmart or do I order it from Amazon and pay half price?

Please ladies if you can help please do so. I am so torn here! I want to make my little man's Christmas dreams come true but I don't want to break the bank either. I still have my 2 year old to buy for.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunfreezeinmi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Hmm..I'm not really sure what I would do. If it's the same thing and in good condition though..why not? I'm sure others will have better opinions or personal experiences with this ,so BUMP!

Draysmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I will be honest.. about 80% of my christmas presents came from Amazon.com!! My hubby is a manager there...so i might be bias but They have great shipping, and according to DH they are upgrading everyones shipping in plant to make sure people get their gifts.. i ordered a dvd and a sippy cup and i got it in 3 days.

AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM

We've ordered a couple things from there and haven't had any problems yet.

mattnatesmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:00 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE amazon..... I buy all my movies and books through them.. They also have an Awesome return policy. everything is guarenteed through them

mattnatesmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I also bought most of my kids Christmas presents there

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I order from Amazon quite frequently.  I live overseas, and they are the quickest at shipping!! My mom is a librarian and orders from Amazon ALLLLLLLLLLL the time!  Also, check and see if it qualifies for free super saver shipping!

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Well I read all the information that Amazon had about the toy and it says it is new. It is the same toy. I am just puzzled as to why it is half price? Anyway, thanks ladies. I would love to have more opinions if anyone has them.
AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I know of a great site to buy books from if you're interested. It's www.thriftbooks.com They have cheap books on there!

Quoting mattnatesmom:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE amazon..... I buy all my movies and books through them.. They also have an Awesome return policy. everything is guarenteed through them

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:09 AM

amazon has some really good deals on things.  Sometimes you'll find things way cheaper than you'll find it in the store.  I checked it out and it does qualify for the free shipping,  I would definitely go for it.  Sometimes amazon deals with 3rd party retailers...but this toy in particular is coming directly from Amazon...so they are definitely trustworthy and an excellent retailer.  Amazon and Walmart often have price wars.  There was recently an article on yahoo about it.  They will often try to under cut each others prices on items that are hot for the season!  This is probably one of those situations!

Quoting Ty_n_JadiesMom:

Well I read all the information that Amazon had about the toy and it says it is new. It is the same toy. I am just puzzled as to why it is half price? Anyway, thanks ladies. I would love to have more opinions if anyone has them.

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Thanks ladies. I appreciate all your input. I would love to hear from anyone else that might have something to add.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)