Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to bring the subject BABY into a conversation?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM
  • 301 Replies

Poll

Question: How many mothers or father brought "baby" into a conversation.

Options:

Mothers

Fathers

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

Well before I ask my question I have no children. I came on here last month when I thought I was pregnant. But anyways...

How do I bring up a baby into a conversation when talking to my fiance? Mind you I'm only 16. I turn 17 next fall and my fiance turns 19 this march. I'm graduated and going to college. My fiance is graduated and has a great paying job. He just got his own apartment this week and I basically live there. I really only come hom for about 5-8 hours. And we both want kids young and since last month when I thought I was pregnant I got used to thinking I'd be a mommy and I even had names and cribs and everything picked out. I even started looking at cribs and baby stuff at the stores. Well after being 3 weeks late and having a fight with my sister(she kicked me in the stomach) I started my period. Then about the end of my period I didn't have symptoms anymore so I just thought I was making myself think I was pregnant.

But now I want a baby. But I don't want us to start trying til the summertime after I move in. But I don't know how to bring it into a converstaion with him. We don't use any protection except the pull out method.

And also I'd like to know how many of the mothers here brought up having a baby or did your husband/fiance/boyfriend.?

So if ya'll could give me ways of bringing it into a convo I'd really apreiciate it!

UPDATE!!

I am not planning to have a baby right now!! I said I am waiting til either this summer or AFTER my 17th birthday!!!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM
Replies (1-10):
1stTimeMama2010
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:49 AM

First of all, be ready to be bashed for being so young. You won't get judged by me though, my hubby and I wanted kids young too, like in high school before we were married. Anyway, I am pregnant now, after 5 1/2 years of trying, and lemme tell you, this is not fun. I'm not saying don't stop trying I'm just saying it is not what it is cracked up to be. I love my son more than anything already and I haven't even met him. But morning sickness and achy joints are not fun. Not to mention at  16 your body isn't really ready for it. Also being so young you should wait a little while, I know I wanted kids when I was 16 but since then me and my hubby have been threw SOOOOOO much and having a kid would have made it much much harder. Also if you are worried about bringing it up, that should kind of give you a little hint, in the sense that maybe, even though you both want a baby maybe you both know neither or you are ready.

I know I totally didn't answer your question but good luck to you either way it turns out.

MommynMonster
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Pee  you! I smell a troll!

1stTimeMama2010
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Quoting MommynMonster:

Pee  you! I smell a troll!

DUDE!!! I totally didn't even think that...lol. Oh well.

Kristenfairy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Whats up with the troll??

Draysmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:55 AM

.....Whats a troll?

SkullsandRoses
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:59 AM

I'm not a troll. I have friends on here from myyearbook and they know I'm telling the truth.

But I'm not a troll think what you want to fine with me. Fucking old hags anyways!

MommynMonster
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Okay not-a-troll, you're 16. Teens have messed up periods all the time and unless you got a POS and an ultrasound, chances are you weren't really pregnant. Wanting to bring a baby into your life right now is selfish.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM

lol I am not old or a hag but why not wait until he marrys you or you finish college? Anything can happend and if you are planning marriage then why rush. Babies are alot of work and even thought you had the scare maybe its a good thing that you are not preggo because you still have time to be more prepared. Anywho do what you want but having a baby at 16 is really young, even if you feel you are ready. I mean you cant even get into the good clubs yet. Is your so graduated from college or just highschool?

blessedmama518
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with having kids young. But I do urge you to think about it a little bit more. I got pregnant at 16 and it was the scariest decision of my life. Being so young, I knew I couldnt handle the responsibilites of a parent. Now at 22, I am finally expecting my little bundle of joy and am still scared to death. Ive always wanted children but trust me its more than it seems, and mine isnt even here yet.!!

Im amgraduated from college, and both my boyfriend and I have jobs, yet we still could have prepared more as a couple. Financially, a baby costs about $10,000 the first year! Thats not even including the delivary and prenatal visits. Our pregnancy wasnt planned, but now that its here, we are blessed and just going with it.  But you have the rest of your life to have kids! Especially with a man who you know you want to be with. Children change relationships and believe it or not even pregnancy does. You are going to be a completely different person because of hormones that he is not used to. Take your time. Enjoy life with just you two, and then in a couple years, add that little blessing to your family! One of the best gifts you can give to a child is bringing them into a stable enviornment.

I dont really know how to approach it with your man because like I said mine was not planned. My boyfriend did however know that if I were to get pregnant, I was not going to have an abortion. We both knew the risks and came to a decision BEFORE the "what if" happened. Maybe you could just bring it up casually. "What would WE do if I got pregnant right now?" Obviously he has to know there is a chance with you two having unprotected sex. Make sure he is 100% on the same page with you. You have an obligation as a mother to have and take care of that baby (even past age 18) for the rest of your life, and unforunately, he could leave at anytime.

Best of wishes and good luck!!

MommynMonster
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM

I'm willing to bet not-a-troll here that she saw 16 and Pregnant and instead of seeing the real message she went "Awwww Babies! Look how cute their clothes and cribs are!"

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)