Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa present was revealed....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay..so Santa is bringing our family a Wii.  Well I had ordered an extra remote/numchuck and it arrived in the mail today.  My DH brought it in the house and I opened up the envelope to make sure that's what it was.  Well, as I was looking at it, I heard DD open the front door, coming home from swimming class.  So I cram it in my purse, zip up my purse and put it on the kitchen counter.  I head off to work out and when I got back, DH was in his computer room, DD was sitting at the dining room table and DS was watching cartoons.  Well, in the middle of the dining table is my purse sitting open with the package open, exposing the remote.  My DD said "yeah..William opened that..seems like some sort of Wii remote".  OMG.  Meanwhile DH is sitting on his ass in the computer room and I go ask him and he said that yeah, DS grabbed my purse, opened it up and pulled out the remote.  Now..DH KNEW that the remote was in there..so why the hell didn't he stop him?  UGH.  He said he told DD that a friend left it in his car.  However..it was wrapped up in an envelope with my name on it.  This was the last year that we were going to let DD keep believing in Santa (she's 8)..she's been having issues with kids making fun of her because she still believes.  I might have to tell her the truth sooner...hell..she's going to figure it out anyway..ARGH!!!!!  I'm soooooooo mad at DH for his crappy 'supervision' while I was out.

Anyway..what would you do??

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdsong2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:08 AM

How about the actual Wii be the Santa present and the extra remote be from you and DH?  Did she see the Wii?

A few years ago our kids got a Wii from Santa but extra remotes and games were from us.  We just told them that Santa told us what he was bringing.  Actually, my older son was 12 or 13 so we didn't have to inform him, just the younger one who was 7, I think.

smcclure2005
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Quoting Birdsong2:

How about the actual Wii be the Santa present and the extra remote be from you and DH?  Did she see the Wii?

A few years ago our kids got a Wii from Santa but extra remotes and games were from us.  We just told them that Santa told us what he was bringing.  Actually, my older son was 12 or 13 so we didn't have to inform him, just the younger one who was 7, I think.

helloistaken
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM

Well if you want the magic one last year it can't be from santa....

It would have to be from you guys......

Guess santa will have to bring something else cause otherwise she will know there is no santa although i still believe there is a little santa in some of us lol.....

So maybe its time to do some more xmas shopping...I wouldn't totally blame dh,  you could have put your purse away in your bedroom or something before working out.....

If it were me i would just have to go and buy something else cause once this yr of santa believing is gone,   it's gone.

Wishing you all the best with whichever route you choose here cause of course the other option is to tell her the truth earlier than planned.

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:19 AM

I thought about this.  Unfortunately we live overseas and our shopping is VERY limited here.  95% of my gifts this year have been ordered online and it's too late to order anything else.  And the other issue is that the Wii is the santa gift to everyone..so I'd have to be buying new gifts for 3 people all over again. 

I think I'll just keep it stashed somewhere and then maybe a few weeks later just pull it out and pretend that I went out and bought it because we needed another remote for the family :) 

I'm more aggrivated with DH for his lack of supervision.  Last night I came home from the gym and found that all the Life board game money was thrown all over the living room and an entire roll of wrapping paper had been ripped to shreds because he was in his computer room playing stupid WoW.  Arghhh...

Quoting helloistaken:

Well if you want the magic one last year it can't be from santa....

It would have to be from you guys......

Guess santa will have to bring something else cause otherwise she will know there is no santa although i still believe there is a little santa in some of us lol.....

So maybe its time to do some more xmas shopping...I wouldn't totally blame dh,  you could have put your purse away in your bedroom or something before working out.....

If it were me i would just have to go and buy something else cause once this yr of santa believing is gone,   it's gone.

Wishing you all the best with whichever route you choose here cause of course the other option is to tell her the truth earlier than planned.

Birdsong2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Now that I think about it, our wii was revealed before Christmas too.  The first Christmas they came out I wasn't going to stand outside walmart but my friend's teenage son volunteered to do it for me, he and a friend thought it would be fun so I bought a gift card and gave it to him  to purchase the wii.  It turns out they were buying one for someone else too so the next day they had two Wiis at their house and thier younger kids found them.  Their kids were told they weren't for them but for us and someone else and naturally my older boy heard the news from from my friend's kid who said, "hey you're getting a wii."  HA!  I just told my older boy that his parents just said that because Ryan's mom didn't want him to know his present.  I'm guessing my son told Ryan, "no it's your wii and your mom was covering it up."  I'm sure my friend's kids may have been a little disappointed because they didn't get one and in the corner of their minds, at least the middle child, he didn't actually believe one wasn't for them. 

Confusing story but that was our drama around the wii.

Katharine1229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM

well, if you stash the remote that was already seen...wouldn't they just put together that the remote that comes with the game system would have been from you? if you give it separate from you to them and say 'santa told you' i think it gives you more of a chance.

lyrick24
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Quoting Birdsong2:

i think i would go with this.

Crystallynn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 AM

hahaha- I'm sorry, I know it isnt funny, but it is kinda funny that at 8 you said this is your last year believing.  My dd is 11 and on her list to santa, she even wrote "PS- I know you are real, I dont care what anyone else says".  I firmly believe that there is a santa.  A little in all of us all year long.  I will NEVER tell my kids there isnt a santa- if they stop believing on their own that is one thing, but I think as long as you believe, he is real

gobimom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:01 AM

My kids have always known that the "parent's" get to talk to Santa before Christmas ~ to let him know if they have been good or not.  I would just give the Wii from Santa and the extra's from mom and dad.  Like the pp stated just tell them that Santa left you in on the secret. 

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Quoting Crystallynn:

I firmly believe that there is a santa.  A little in all of us all year long.  I will NEVER tell my kids there isnt a santa- if they stop believing on their own that is one thing, but I think as long as you believe, he is real

love this :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)