Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cougars?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do you live in an area where there are cougars? In the last few yrs there's been spots in our area and this morning they say there is another one ..... it scares me =p  We live in MI and im just got liking the idea of cougars running the streets ya know???

If you do live in an area with them, do they just tend to keep to themselves?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
allurasmamma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:47 AM

bump...i would be scared shitless. I live in pa and we have skunks deer and rabbits. I don't like that idea of cougars....ahhhh

Mommy2LPK
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

right. I guess they are making their way down towards our area from up north. it's crazy though ... they literary seen on a few streets over from our house last summer. I know there's nothing anyone can do, their going to come this way if they want to ... just wondering what other people do that live around them, if they keep to themselves and such.

Quoting allurasmamma:

bump...i would be scared shitless. I live in pa and we have skunks deer and rabbits. I don't like that idea of cougars....ahhhh

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I live in Richmond Virginia and there have been sightings of Mountain lions in a neighborhood about 15 minutes from mine. We do not live out in the country.   They would rather keep to themselves i am sure but they are wild animals so they for unpredictable. If we continue to take away their habitats i am sure we will start seeing more and more wild animals because they will have no where else to go.

Zawifey
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM

i grew up in oregon and yes we always were having sightings around where i lived. For the most part they kept to themselves but everyone once in while we would hear of them taking down someones livestock.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I have nothing to add but wanted to say .. I need sleep ... I thought you meant cougars as in older women LMAO you know .. cougarrrrrs lol. 

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Yep! My neighbors saw a panther twice in our area. Too close for my liking. But they say they have been here for years and never bothered anyone. But that doesn't mean they won't or can't. I live in North Central Louisiana. My Aunt saw a brown one, my Uncle saw a black one. So it must have been during their time for mating. Those things could hang out in these big old trees in my back yard. I am always looking up into those trees when I go outside.

EmoticonsSaints.jpg New Orleans Saints image by dsavoy_388Emoticons

petersgal
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM

LOL I had to read the post 2xs and then read some of the replies before I figured out we are talking about the animal and not the women.  LOL

I was like "why on earth would someone be scared of older women?"

omg, I need more sleep this morning

Quoting chiquis:

I have nothing to add but wanted to say .. I need sleep ... I thought you meant cougars as in older women LMAO you know .. cougarrrrrs lol. 

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM

LMAO I am glad I am not alone. I kept thinking ... so these women have their *areas* now?? Like I've never seen a cougar hangout here hahaha. I almost replied that too.

Quoting petersgal:

LOL I had to read the post 2xs and then read some of the replies before I figured out we are talking about the animal and not the women.  LOL

I was like "why on earth would someone be scared of older women?"

omg, I need more sleep this morning

Quoting chiquis:

KellyOh72
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Quoting chiquis:

thats what I thought too!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)