• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your water break?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM
  • 27 Replies

When did yours break and where were you when it happened?  Any funny stories?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM

no funny story here...i was laying on the hospital bed when my water broke 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

~*:*~ In need of unique jewelry? Check out www.missbfab.com ~*:*~ 

tonisalex
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Nope the doctor broke all four of mine.

Mom2jngnc
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:58 AM

My oldest I was scheduled for an induciton the next morning. I had moved to set the alarm clock and when I moved back... gush... I jsut started laughing hysterically (sp)...... as that afternoon I had run into a lady I baby sat for in high school, and she had told me that she was scheduled to be induced but her water broke the night before.

After that with my next three my MW broke it. 

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

celticreverie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM

My doctor broke my water with my oldest, without permission. It was, as is it in most cases, completely unnecessary.

With Taegen I actually pushed out my water bag, then it broke, all over my bed LOL. It was the coolest feeling ever and 10 minutes later she was born. Some babies are born in the caul, which is super cool (water bags never break). 

MoM.i.aM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM
I was 39 weeks pregnant and at home. DH broke my water if you get what I mean. I was on all fours and asked him to look cause I felt something coming out of my and he screamed "oh my god your bleeding. I think I poked the baby" so we went to the hospital with no clue my water had broken and my husband was explaining how much blood there was and the lady said my water must have mixed with it. Contractions started about an hour later.
mslyricalbedlam

It was the day before my due date and I was working at customer service at Fred Meyer. I was in the middle of doing a return for a lady when I just felt like I peed my pants...lol! I called my manager that second to relieve me so I could run to the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom and told my manager I thought my water broke but I wasn't sure...the funniest thing was the apparel manager (a guy who has 3 kids) was the one telling me yes your water broke cause I wasn't sure being my first time and all. My water didn't brake all at once, it trickled for a while.

lizmarie1975

With my first two kids, my water broke at home & then contractions started immediately after that.

With my third, the doctor broke my water and I had the baby minutes after that.

Boring, right?

MommyToEthan
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM

my water broke at 32 weeks.... on my mother's birthday.....  just 3 hours before i was to host a surprise birthday party for her!!!  she had no idea about the party until we told her as i was being taken into the labor and delivery unit.    her neighbor had to put a sign on her front door that the party was cancelled due to the baby coming early.....  my son was born the next morning, so for her birthday, she got to witness his birth and meet her first grandchild.    her birthday is the 13th and my son's is the 14th.

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

LisaTu
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Mine broke on labour bed after half an hour of pushing and my daughter was born half and hour after.

mae_01_sw
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM

With my first, I was in the hospital because there was protein in my urine and they were doing a 24 hour test and ended up keeping me there on bedrest because my blood pressure wouldn't stay down.  I was supposed to be induced on a Monday and on Saturday about noon my water broke on its own while laying in the hospital bed. I wasn't sure if that was what had happened or not so I got up and was going to go to the bathroom and it just started gushing down my leg. lol! I still ended up with a C-section! With my 2nd I had a prenatal checkup and when I got there I was already having contractions just a little and didn't think nothing of it. (braxton-hicks I assumed) So I go back for my checkup and the doctor was like "Your in labor" and sent me straight over to the hospital. His office was getting ready to close up so about a little over an hour after I was in the hospital he came over and broke my water for me! I had a VBAC this time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)