Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i the minority?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
My boys are 4 and almost 3 and the only movie they have watched in its entirity is Bambi. I just don't like most of the movies geared towards children so we have never sat our kids down to watch them. Not to mention they don't sit still for that long anyway. And I don't really like the idea of them being hypnotized by the tv screen for 90 minuted to 2 hours. The most they watch is 2 30min shows at a time before we turn the tube off and go play. A great side benefit of this is that my kids are not obsessed with characters from movies and tv shows. So am I the only one whose kids haven't seen many kids movies?
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyToEthan
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM

my son is 3 and he will not watch an entire movie either....   he'll watch for awhile, go play, come back to it and watch more.....  he's just not interested in movies, but he will watch a cartoon on nick jr the whole way though....  maybe because it's only 20 mins or so....

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

chair.r13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM

My DS loves grown up movies (fast and the furious, transformers, live free or die hard) i think its all the explosions and fast cars. I did have to teach him not to repeat the dirty words lol but i think its great that your sons are learning such good tv habits

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My DD is 2.5 and just watched her first Disney movie the week of Thanksgiving, it was one of the Ice Age movies that was playing on TV. I just had a friend shocked because she hasn't seen any of the movies, funny you brought that up.

luv_my_xiya
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM

dd doesnt sit through movies, but she loves dora...ugh...she walks around saying "i love dora and boots", its so cute, lol...but she will watch dora and some other shows

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

~*:*~ In need of unique jewelry? Check out www.missbfab.com ~*:*~ 

ILive4This
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM

At 4 and 2, my kids hadn't watched movies either.  Like you said, that's a long time for a kid that age to sit.  When it was age appropriate, they watched them.  Nothing wrong with liking characters from movies....I doubt obsessed was a good choice of word.

Mami2Jahzi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:17 AM

The only movie my son will watch is Finding Nemo, and the only reason he sat thru the movie in the 1st place is because we were on a 10 hour car trip and that was the only kid movie we could find, but now he LOVES it. Hubby bought him Cars for Christmas, but that will only be the 2nd movie we attempt to let him watch.

PS- he also LOVES the disney christmas specials they've been playing. but most of those are only a half hour long. So santa is his favorite character at the moment.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:41 AM

My kids are 4, 3, and 3 and the only reason they have sen son many is because we have movie night. They only watch tv (sprout) when they earn it. Id rather them play and take them places so they dont get much tv anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)