• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey mamas! Please tell my dd this just gives her character!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 101 Replies

She is about to turn 13 in less than a month and is extremely self conscious. All I hear from her anymore is how ugly she is. I tell her that she's beautiful, but maybe she would believe it more coming from strangers, ya know? She was in an accident at 2 years old and lost her leg and got some scars. Her facial scar bothers her a lot. I mean, so does her leg, but a lot of people don't notice that if she has pants on, but the facial scar is pretty prominent. I think it gives her character, but she is just so convinced that she is ugly. Anywho, I just thought some of you could give her some encouragement. SHe is such a great kid, and she truly is beautiful. I just wish she could see it!

Here she is with her little sister, and the next pic is her with her best friend.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM

There is no way she is ugly.

She is beautiful and the scar does add character!

I have a scar on my face from a dog bite and I went through a stage thinking I was ugly but now I see it does add character.

allurasmamma

she is a very beautiful young girl that will grow to be a even more beautiful woman.

retsillacam

she is beautiful! I love her eyes and her hair! Gorgeous!

KellyOh72
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I love her hair. I would kill for hair like that. You are a pretty girl! You need to see it in yourself. We all have "flaws". No one is perfect. Pretty eyes too.

DanielleK21

She is beautiful. I didn't even notice the scar until after I read the post and it said there was one. Then I had to look back. I guess I just dont look at stuff like that.   

I AM A SAHM OF 2 WONDERFUL CHILDREN. LOVING WIFE OF 2 YEARS. I BREASTFED SWITCHED TO FORMULA WITH BOTH OF MY CHILDREN. I BELIEVE IN CRYING IT OUT AFTER 2 MONTHS OLD, SPANKINGS WHEN NEEDED, I LET MY FAMILY EAT JUNK FOOD IF THEY WANT IT, GAVE MY DD'S WHOLE HALLOWEEN, AND EASTER BASKET TO HER TILL THE CANDY WAS GONE. I AM A SMOKER TRYING TO QUIT, DRINK ON OCCASION, LOVE TO COOK, MY HOME IS ALWAYS CLEAN "IF" SOME ONE SHOWS UP, NEVER LATE TO ANYTHING KIND OF MOMMY AND WIFE. ITS JUST WHO I AM.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Thanks mamas! I'm bumping this to see how many replies I can get before she wakes up so I can show her!

amber_1024

Your daughter is beautiful..
The scar does add character...

I hope she realizes how pretty she is...  

don't like it... don't read it!

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I think she is beautiful!!!!!! 

momoftwins_3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

she is very pretty! i just love her eyes 

BossHog
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

She is a very beautiful young lady. I hope she can see how truly beautiful she is.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)