Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are sooo many moms/parents obsessed with....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:47 AM
  • 110 Replies

the fact that their baby is chunky? Aren't babies supposed to be chunky? Both my kids were chunky, especially their legs, until they really started walking/running. I hated when people would say "oh my your baby is chunky!" Like it was a bad thing! I think not!!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GimlettToad
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:02 AM

IDK. I LOVE chunky babies!

bellusamor
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM

My son is chunky and I love it! He is my little tonka truck! He is slowly losing the chunky since he is now crawling and walking! I always knew we were going to have a baby blessed with rolls... if you only saw my husband as a baby..... he was chunky! He is cute. I think it makes him more squeezible! I love him rolls or no rolls!

~ Erin ~

Married to Christopher ~ 27 August 2005

Mother to Liam Christopher ~ 28 April 2009

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

ozade8
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I know a girl who is obsessed with making sure her kids stay skinny.  Her son is 8 months old and 16 lbs and she thinks he is fat...my dd was like 21 lbs at 8 months. It kills me because her kids are WAY too skinny

Mom of 2 AMAZING, GORGEOUS, Children!! 

bouncing mom

HuntersMomee

I LOVE BABY ROLLS!

son.jpg love my son image by PEZMO_23
               pink ribbon   love-my-daughter.png love my daughter image by stephi3403

SouthernShawnee

Yeah, b/c those babies should soo be working out to stay cut and trim for their love lives....idiots (not directed at you OP)

rinoasmommy

We take pride in it here (=

Richly Blessed to be living my real life love story with my soulmate Brandon.  AP Mommy to my precious gifts from God Rinoa (12'06) and Alora (11'08) and hoping for many more

*A child who has their needs met completely learns to be trusting and confident.  A child that is forced to be independent before they are ready learns to fear abandonment.

KokoJones
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

my babies weren't chunky but they certainly weren't skinny... well dd1 actually went thru a chunkmeister stage lol... i have no idea why ppl always say that crap... makes me wanna deck someone

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Maybe they are worried about the sky rocketing child obesity rates. I'm not saying that their children are in danger, but as a new parent, you worry about everything.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

My oldest DS ws Chunky as heck....my twins would not get chunky but they ate like crazy.lol

AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Nothing wrong with chunky babies. my son was not one though. he's always been very tall and skinny from day 1! He was almost a month old in this picture. And that was a newborn onsie. 0-3 month didn't fit him until he was about 7 weeks. But he outgrew his infant carrier at 3 months cause he was too tall. It makes shopping for clothes difficult. cause the pants that fit him length wise, just fall off his waist. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)