• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nudity and children

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM
  • 8 Replies

To each their own, I'm not bashing! I just want to know what you guys out there do. I was reading another post on here, and saw lots of talk about moms and dads showering with their kids or getting changed in front of their kids. Now, of course this isn't sexual in the least, I just feel strange about it myself. So, for those that do, is it just the convience of being able to get clean at the same time? Or is it being able to have an eye on your child at the same time as taking a shower? Mind you, my first baby isn't due until April...so I don't know all of the ins and outs yet. All I know is that I feel strange about nudity anyways, and know thats just me, but am trying to figure out the reason for the showering together.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
epoh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Nudity isn't a big deal in my house. Its just me and DD. I don't walk around naked, but I'm not going to shoo her from the room while I get dressed. I prefer to supervise my child, so when I'm in the shower she's playing in the sink. We showered together until she was 18 mos old, and we still shower or bath together sometimes (she's two now).  

The world is absurd, and beautiful, and small.

pirate_wife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM

my son showered with me until about 2 years old. It was certainly convenient and it helped me keep an eye on him while I showered. Once you have your baby you will definitely understand that it isn't as weird as you think (as long as it isn't done at too late of an age in my opinnion) because once you get used to going to the bathroom with your child in the bathroom because they will not leave you alone, and the fact that you truly have ZERO privacy--- showering with your child/getting dressed in front of your child will mean nothing lol.

AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I don't shower with my son. But I do get changed in front of him. but of course i'm not completely naked. He's 2 now and the reason I do this is because he won't leave my side so I have to do it in front of him. lol. I'd feel weird showering with him though. Oh and he does often come into the bathroom with me when I'm using the toilet though. Again, it's because he won't leave me alone. lol

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I'm very modest when it comes to my body.

No one, besides sexual partners, have ever looked down there or felt down there before I got pregnant.  I don't shower with my own husband.  I don't shower with my daughter but sometimes I do put her in the bathroom while I'm taking a shower because she is 10 months (in 2 days) and want to hear her if she starts fussing or crying. The only time I would share any nudity with my child is if I was breastfeeding.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, part-time working opposite of husband's full-time shifts to not use daycare, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

NikkosMommy820
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I just think it's great bonding experience....It's not strange for me or the kids. When it becomes strange it will stop but for now it's just another 20 minutes we get to spend together.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 23, 2010 at 6:58 AM

We live in a "naked" house, so nudity is not a problem.  This is a small house, holding a very busy family.  You are bound to see someone in the buff.  To us it's just no big deal!

StaceysMom4706
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 7:03 AM

dd will be 4 in april, and there are times that i STILL shower with her!!! I generally end up completely soaked when i reach in to wash her hair, and there are days where a shower just wouldn't happen unless i take advantage of the time that dd is in there, too!  i usually get in and do my thing, and then have dd hop in, i wash her hair, then i get out so she can play for a little bit while i'm getting dried off.

Alexandria 

JenB1983
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 7:08 AM

My boys are 3 and almost 5...and I just recently stopped showering with them.  While DH was deployed, it was just easier that way.

They still see the two of us naked all the time.  Nudity is no big thing at all.  I can't pee, much less take a bath, or even get dressed without one of them coming into my room or the bathroom.  I also sleep naked....that's just how I roll.  LOL  My youngest has just started(in the last 2 weeks) sleeping in his bed for an entire night.; and my oldes tstill likes to climb into bed in the morning and snuggle too. 

I'm sure they're going to eventually be uncomfortable seeing me naked; and I honestly can't wait for that day.  To be able to pee in peace again....that would be heaven on earth!  LOL

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)