Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have unprotected sex and get pregnant is it really an "oops" ???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 87 Replies

I was just thinking and I hear people saying they had an unexpected pregnancy, ect when they weren't on bc. Whether you want or are planning for a child and have sex without protection it is NOT an oops. I consider an oops:

Getting pregnant on BC

Having tubes tied, IUD, shot, ect

Vasectomy

Condom

I also don't consider pull out an oops. Am I the only one who thinks this? I don't want to offend anyone. I understand not wanting to get pg and getting pregnant unexpectedly, but I don't think it should be considered an "oops" if that makes sense. LOL

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themacs4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Maybe an "Oops, we should've used protection", but not a real oops.  LOL

RheaF
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Ummm... when I didnt remember the actual sex, then yeah it was an opps!! lol.

Monica208
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM

i see your point.. your baby is so cute btw

shecallsmemom04

i don't believe in any type of oopies.

you have sex, there's ALWAYS a chance you may get pregnant.  you KNOW the risks.

to say it's an oops is illogical to me. 

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.
southernjess3

i have 2 "oops" and 1 "knew it was gonna happen because we were in the moment" due in june..lol

CafeMom Tickers

anetrnlov
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I see your point.....

Of course, I am the minority....I have better luck not getting pregnant with pulling out then I do with birth control.  LMAO

lvnmylif
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I think the same as you.  My husband on the other hand did not.  Our fourth boy came about because he thought we would be good.  I was still BF hadn't had a period yet and he pulled out.  I almost beat him with a frying pan when I found out I was pregnant.  He was all proud of himself with this silly little grin on his face talking about his little swimmers must be super sperm.  LMAO.  Anyway sorry for the tangent.  I always tell anyone if you are not preventing pregnancy and having sex then you are trying to get pregnant.  Alot of people don't agree with it though.

epoh

Well for me it was. I somewhat follow NFP (BCs make me ridiculously sick with nonstop bleeding) and use non-hormonal protection most days of the month. The days I don't are within the 5 days before or the 5 days after my period (I am regular like a clock)--days I am not ovulating. I still ended up pregnant. Yup, you bet I could have charted everything better. And I KNOW I wasn't ovulating. So kind of an oops, but kind of not, if that makes sense :)

The world is absurd, and beautiful, and small.

Pnukey

Nope. Every time one has sex, one should expect to get pregnant. There are preventative measures, of course, but if there's a uterus and sperm, a baby is possible. 

imthatgirl728
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:49 AM

We don't use "protection", haven't since we were married. Our third one was unplanned...therefor an "ooops". Yes he was very much an "oops" even though we weren't using and physical precautions. The same way our first 2 were completely planned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)