Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It may sound awful but its so cute

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

my 11 month old is TERRIFIED of santa. Tried to get a picture of him with santa and he flipped the fuck out.

Well, now he cant even watch santa on tv without freaking out. And nickjr keeps playing the dora christmas special.

as soon as santa pops on the screen, my son starts wailing and screaming and crawling to me. And i must admit, i've purposely turned it on like 3x just to see his cute little crying face.

im so awful i know.

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lcbowman
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM

My moms FAVORITE Christmas picture of me is one of me crying on Santa's lap when I was just over One years old.  Seriously, lol I am 46 now and she still pulls it out and puts it on her piano every Christmas. 

Just because you get to deal with sane and rational people please do not assume I get to also!
imthatgirl728
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

We've never done pictures with santa, actually I find it a little creepy. So yeah I get why your son would now not like santa after being placed on his lap.

my2sons2007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM

DS #1 went through that with anything human/animal looking.  Chef boy r'de did that commercial where the kid turns into a werewolf until he eats the food, FREAKED DS out, to the point that he would run to me or DH when it came on.....TOTALLY not acceptable for kids to see.  

Mom to the loves of my life   

And Wife to the a wonderful man

abbynzachsmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM

My daughter is almost 4 and she is still terrified of santa. We don't "do" santa but she knows of him like she does princesses and things...that he's pretend. Anyway, she wanted to go see santa yesterday so we drove to Bass Pro to see him (they were doing free pics with santa). Well he walks by and she freaked...it was so funny. This is one of the big reasons we don't push santa...he's kind of scary and creepy in person.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

USMCBride08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM

aww poor kiddo

Quoting my2sons2007:

DS #1 went through that with anything human/animal looking.  Chef boy r'de did that commercial where the kid turns into a werewolf until he eats the food, FREAKED DS out, to the point that he would run to me or DH when it came on.....TOTALLY not acceptable for kids to see.  

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

my2sons2007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Quoting USMCBride08:

aww poor kiddo

Quoting my2sons2007:

Yeah it's was pretty bad......

Mom to the loves of my life   

And Wife to the a wonderful man

amybeth421
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My boys are 5 and 4 years old and are scared to death of Santa and any other stuufed person in a suit.  Forget the Easter bunny.  I took them this year and they we both already pulling away and we were not even in line yet.  The closest I have gotten to Santa is 5 feet.  Very odd but I hope they grow out of it soon.  It is getting a little ridiculous.  It was cute when they were little.

sunshine344
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM

lol, my DD is afraid of chucky cheese so we figured she would be afraid of santa to but she actually sat on his lap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)