Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to drive my boys to the doctor and I feel like I am going to vomit.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

I posted before about my fear of driving on the highway. The doctor is an hour away. I have not driven alone on the highway in 17 years. I have no choice but to take the highway.

throwing up

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
indymom72
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM

deep breaths..don't let the fear own you...my husband struggles with anxiety, and it's heartbreaking to watch.  I'll think a good thought for you momma!!

Swtmama62205

I used to be like this too.  It would throw me into major panic attacks.  Turn on the AC in the car at point it at your face.  And just stay in the slow lane.  Dont go to slow just keep up with traffic.  And leave Early.  If you have to pull over and put your self back together then do it.  You will be okay hun i know its scary

Jess2234

I am sorry you are having to deal with this!!!! You will be ok! Just focus on something else!! You can do it!!! =)

southernjess3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM

MUSIC! sound helps me do it..if it gets too quiet I freak....listen to music..

CafeMom Tickers

RiverPhenix
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM

You can do this!!!! You are a strong person, a strong Mama!!!! Deep breaths, not so you pass out though. LOL  You will be fine, I promise. Don't give into the fear or it will consume you!!!! Have your boys talk to you when you start to feel a little anxiety. Listen to the radio, sing, talk, I would say read but well that is just plain dangerous!! LOL  You will be fine because you are a strong person and can overcome this fear. Stay in the slow lane and flip off the people honking at you or better yet wave and yell Merry Christmas!!! Again, I know you will be fine. Hugs and luvs and sending good thoughts your way.

Jynnifer292
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Thanks ladies. I have driven three times in the past month. I forced myself to. The difference was that my husband was in the passenger seat. He actually told me to slow down. lol I guess I was trying to get it over with.  

Jynnifer292
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Whew, I did it. embarrassed 

Cavalrybaby02
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Whew, I did it. embarrassed 

Good for you! 

You know, a 4 lane highway is actually safer than a 2 lane or driving in a city or town? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)