Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Part-time work for the Census Bureau!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

If you are interested in applying to work for the Census Bureau in 2010, click on the following link: http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/. You have to schedule to take their test, and the tests are going on now. The work will be in 2010, and I think they will be selecting applicants in the spring. Most of the work hours are evenings & weekends, because you have to reach the people when they are at home. You can work 20-40 hrs per week.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
angelove8
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM

so is this work from home kinda thing?

MommyToEthan
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

i took this test about 6 mos ago and never heard from them yet. 

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

bethmoore71
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM

The website states that the Bureau will be selecting the applicants to hire IN THE SPRING. Don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet, because you won't until the spring of 2010!

These jobs are not work-from-home, you have to have a valid driver's license & a vehicle for work. You are going to residences, come rain or shine.

The pay is pretty good in some areas. It depends on where you live. For me (Columbus OH), they are paying $15.00 per hour. That's $300-600 per week (before taxes), and they pay you weekly. Not bad for a part-time, temporary job. Oh, and the website states that the positions will last anywhere between 5-10 weeks.

bethmoore71
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)