• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite home cooked meals

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

What are your families favorite home-made meals.

In our house we love shepards pie and chicken lo mein. I am looking for some new things to introduce so if you have any good easy recipies id love to hear them.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
treehugger823
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

A great website to go to is www.allrecipes.com. My newest favorite (you can look up on that website) is called California chicken... .its chicken breasts, seasoned the way you like them, with monterrey jack cheese, tomatoes, and avocados on top.  yummy!!

My husband's favorite (he eats like a kid) is weenie casserole. You make a bunch of rice, cut up a package of hot dogs into bite size pieces and fry them, then in a bowl you mix the rice, hot dogs, a can of tomato sauce, and some worcestershire sauce to taste, then spread it in a casserole dish and top with cheese.

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
tuesday10
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Lasgna

Scalloped potatoes and ham

rocknrollgirl70
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM

kahlua pork and cabbage

Ingredients
2-3 lb pork shoulder or butt
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp liquid smoke
1 small head cabbage

Directions
Pierce roast at 2 inch increments all around with a fork. Rub the roast with the salt and liquid smoke.

Place in slow cooker for 8-10 hours on LOW. Once cooked, take roast out and start shredding with a fork (should already be easily falling apart at this point).

Put back slow cooker and add chopped cabbage and put on high until desired texture.

eat with RICE mmmmmmm.

Number of Servings: 8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)