Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not giving my baby veggies ever! What's going to happen?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

Really, what would happen if a person never ate vegetables?  Would they die?  Be malnourished?  Not grow properly? 

Don't worry I'm still giving my baby veggies but sometimes I get so sick of forcing her to eat them.  I've been tempted to not even buy them anymore (BUT I STILL AM)

My beautiful bunch

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JvilleMom125
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM

hehe I dont know!! My LO loves veggies and my oldest one loves meats!!!

imthatgirl728
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Nothing would happen. They amy not be as healthy as a person who had a regular diet of veggies...but they would still be as healthy as that kid that is forced to eat a tablespoon of pees at dinner 4 times a week because his parents think thats what eating veggies means.

KandiceN
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Huh. I have no idea! I bet they'd probably get malnurished if a person NEVER ate veggies. 

My son hates meat, he loves veggies but still spit out any sort of meat.  The other day he took a few bites of chicken at subway and we were shocked!  But he ate every veggie on his sub, and half of mine! lol

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - (Cibd)

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:16 PM

idk about anyone else, but my daughter and i are vegetarians, we'd die with no veggies...LOL. 

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.
jrp0606
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM
I would guess that if you didn't provide vitamins she could be malnurished or more prone to getting sick. Vegetables can include things like sweet potatos and squashes which DS loves. Personally I think having a balanced diet starts early and feeding a variety of foods helps lay the foundation for healthy eating habits later in life.

NikkosMommy820
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

They provide you with water, fiber, nutrients, vitamins, minerals....they can lower the risk of some cancers, improve memory function, promote healthy urinary tract, healthy aging, healthy vision & heart, healthy immune system and make your bones strong.

Although you could be provided with a good multivitiam.... your body doesn't break it down nearly as well as eating them.

tigerlily721
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:10 PM

That kid will be the one held back because he can't remember what his teacher taught him. He'll be the one that can't focus, the one getting sick all the time. The one with depression. I've heard of people having these problems because of malabsorption issues of certain vitamins. I would think that people who don't eat foods with these vitamins would have the same problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)