• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People rubbing pregnant bellies

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
OK, this has never bothered me much as long as it is someone I know and don't mind doing it. Last night we were at a Christmas party for where DH works and I swear my belly got rubbed 15 times! And the oddest one was DH's boss. I mean he just walked right up to me and says "Hey Ellie" as he starts rubbing. The odd thing is that yeah DH has worked for him for like 6 years but he is a very professional man and I honestly haven't met him many times. After the party we went bowling and he grabbed a ball and put it under his shirt came and stood next to me casually like he wasn't even doing anything silly. I guess everyone has a silly side. Just wanted to share.
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I hated when people would do that.  I usually rubbed theirs too.

laylasmommy2006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Oh i hate it...creepy strangers rubbing my belly creeps me out.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Most people don't rub my belly because I am odd shaped. I have more of an oval stomach, so I don't really look pregnant, just fat. As much as I want a cute bump, I have to admit it is a definite perk to be shaped different, lol! I only ever had one person that would rub my belly. I used to work with her and every morning when I would come in she would rub and asked how the baby was.

CrewsMaMa
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Oh my gosh...I hate it so much!  I want to tell people that if they wernt in the room to make the baby then stop touching me in places you normally wouldnt!

Pregnancy ticker
KristaP13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I hated it when my family touched my stomach, let alone a stranger.

I had a strict "Only DH can touch me" rule when I was pregnant. My sister touched my stomach and I instinctively punched her in the face....

I hate it when people touch me though... Anytime.. When I was pregnant it was just 10x worse..

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

ncarter24
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I had this pin that I wore on my shirt that said. Do Not Touch The Belly... it was cute. But my shirt that said "Not Public Property" on the belly got a few rude faces... haha

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I used to work at the BX when I was pregnant and there was this guy from (Africa I think) that, EVERY TIME he'd come in the store he'd rub my belly. He said that its good luck to rub a pregnant woman's belly & because I was in my work place I had to be nice & not bite his head off. lol

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I hate it when anyone besides my husband touches my belly.A complete stranger came up and started rubbing my belly when i was at target yesterday, and i just stepped back and asked her to respect my personal and physical space.she was shocked! 

CafeMom Tickers
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

OMGosh this crazy chick from Church raised my shirt up and looked at my belly. It took every thing I had not to hit her.

laceybeth
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

i hated when anyone but my husband touched my stomach.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)