Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makes me sick... we moms need to get together and help!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was watching my local news the other night when a story came on that absolutely made me ill. Burglars broke into a Toys for Tots distribution center in Wichita KS, and stole over 1,000 toys. Here is the link, if you care to read the story..

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Burglars-target-Toys-for-Tots-distribution-center/pvQanJGWoUWbgWzxkkXdLA.cspx?rss=1802

It makes me angry. These children deserve toys for Christmas, and now... a lot of them will get very little to nothing, all thanks to someone else's selfishness. These poor kids :0(

If any of you would like to help them out, maybe by sending a toy their way, here is the website with the contact information.You can also click on the link on the left hand side that says Donations to get more information how to help them out.

http://www.wichitat4t.org/contactus.htm

I know it is really close to Christmas, but perhaps if we all got just one toy and sent it their way, it would help brighten a child's holiday? Can you find it in your hearts to help them recover from such a devastating loss? Thank you moms, and have a wonderful Holiday season!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshMomToShawn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

That makes me so pissed. Maybe I can take one of Shawn's gifts and send it their way.

Did you hear about the mom who is in school, works and lives by herself with her 2 kids and isn't on any assistance? She hasn't been able to afford christmas for them and finally this year she saved up the money, got them their gifts. And someone broke in and stole everything. She is devastated because she was finally going to be able to get them stuff with her money instead of just family buying them stuff. They stole her first chance I was so sad and pissed.

SWKansasmomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

That makes me so pissed. Maybe I can take one of Shawn's gifts and send it their way.

Did you hear about the mom who is in school, works and lives by herself with her 2 kids and isn't on any assistance? She hasn't been able to afford christmas for them and finally this year she saved up the money, got them their gifts. And someone broke in and stole everything. She is devastated because she was finally going to be able to get them stuff with her money instead of just family buying them stuff. They stole her first chance I was so sad and pissed.

I hadn't heard about her. Is she one of our Cafemom ladies?

It makes me so mad, that some people would stoop so low as to steal from children. Stealing is bad enough on its own, but when you take things away from little ones, it is completely unforgivable in my book.

I am 2 1/2 hours away from Wichita, where this happened, but you better believe that I am sending them some money to buy a couple of gifts. I know money is tight for everyone, myself included, but I just feel like I need to do something to help them out.

AshMomToShawn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Quoting SWKansasmomma:

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

It makes me so mad, that some people would stoop so low as to steal from children. Stealing is bad enough on its own, but when you take things away from little ones, it is completely unforgivable in my book.

I am 2 1/2 hours away from Wichita, where this happened, but you better believe that I am sending them some money to buy a couple of gifts. I know money is tight for everyone, myself included, but I just feel like I need to do something to help them out.

I don't know if she is on here or not it was on the news which is how I herd about it. I wanted to send her some money but it still wouldn't be the same as her doing it herself. I want to like find who she is and where she is and get in contact with her & have her sell me a fork for like 100 dollars.

MamaLoopy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

Quoting SWKansasmomma:

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

I don't know if she is on here or not it was on the news which is how I herd about it. I wanted to send her some money but it still wouldn't be the same as her doing it herself. I want to like find who she is and where she is and get in contact with her & have her sell me a fork for like 100 dollars.

Awww, that's so sweet, plastic or metal?

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM

thats fucked up. people are assholes.

one of the local radio stations here is trying to raise a ton of toys for needy kids this christmas. one of the dj's is living in a box until they raise (literally) a ton of toys. i was listening to them the other day and they have a new ad, calling out the local businesses that havent donated shit. they were saying how pathetic it is that these places live off our dollars but cant give back to the community with a few toys, that almost all of their donations have been from average people, and none ofthe local places have helped. that made me angry...these places wouldnt die if they gave some toys...people are so stingy.  

SWKansasmomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

Quoting SWKansasmomma:

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

That is a very creative idea! I bet that would give her the satisfaction of doing things herself. I hope you find her...I do my best to help people out every day, and even more so at Christmas time. Things like this really makes me want to help everyone. Sadly, I have limited funds, but I do what I can. I know that even one or two small toys will bring a smile to a child's face, and that is the best thing ever  :0)

Richys_Girl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I'd like to see the Marines who run Toys for Tots get ahold of those people! 

merry christmas

Schleetle
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Oh that is horrible... some people are just disgusting. Thanks for sharing - we have donated a couple toys here, but I will try to send something there as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

m0ml0v3s2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

omg that is aweful

cmb121906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Disgusting!! I hope they find those bastards!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)