• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the doctor is sending my son to a neurologist & i am scared

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

i took my son to the doc today because she had prescribe him meds for his adhd that was to much and i believe he had and overdose friday. well i also explain to her that the meds was causing TIC and i told her the TIC began with when he was RItalin and with the med that she scribe him Firday the TIc got worse. well she is sending him to see a neurologist. she wants and him to have a cat scan and a EEG. she want to see if he is haivng seizures. that never cross my mind. he was tested for seizure when he was a baby and everything came back normal. i don't think if he was was having seizure that they would show up now he is 6 especially since all the test came back normal when he was a baby.

i dunno all i know is i am becoming extremely overwhelmedright now. dealing with my daughter who is adhdand who is going through puberty is very exhausting in itself and now i am dealing with my son them switching his meds because they didn't want to take them time and do an authorization for his meds, him being off meds all weekend because his doc overdosed him and  now this shit with wanting him to see and neurologist. Her wanting my son to see an neurologist scares me because what  if something is wrong neurology, what is that is the reason for his behavior what if it isn't adhd and ODD. how am i suppose to deal with that. i am so stressed out right now i am about to explode

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bumpkinsmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM

calm down mamma, its better to let her run these test and get to the bottom of things. Its always better to catch things early.I would also be thinking of getting a new doc for overdosing your DS. I have been to the neurologist for my ds, they found out about his brain not functioning right and they also gave me ways to improve it. just remember to stick to your gut and don't let them run you over

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Quoting bumpkinsmommy:

calm down mamma, its better to let her run these test and get to the bottom of things. Its always better to catch things early.I would also be thinking of getting a new doc for overdosing your DS. I have been to the neurologist for my ds, they found out about his brain not functioning right and they also gave me ways to improve it. just remember to stick to your gut and don't let them run you over

i am in the process of trying to get him into a physiologist (SP) right now and once i get him to see her then i can have them do the meds from now on. i was a little wary when she told me she was putting him on 54mg of concerta, i asked her if she thought that was to much for him and she said no the the dosage run differently in every type of med and he has a high metabolism and she said he metabolisesthe med quickly..I had to practicallytell her and make her go ahead and get the authorization for the old meds he was on because he had no problems with it, i told her i am tired of her switching my kids from this to that meds when he can be taking a meds that has been working and i said i don't want to keep putting all of them meds in his system.

i just hope and pray nothing is wrong neurology. i really don't know if i can deal with that now. i am just so stress out it is unreal. i need a break from all of this. i really hope nothing is wrong with my lil boy

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I hope all turns out well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)