Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate health insurance companies!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

That's all.  Thank you for listening!  :)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM

lol...I work for one...I hate our benefits...I am right there with you...you would think being employees we would get great benefits,...yeah right

jeromeo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, it is definitely frustrating.  I am an insurance agent and the rates keep going higher and the benefits keep getting poorer.  But I don't think health care reform is the answer either.  I think we need to make the carriers more competetive to help drive down rates.  Or make each state have basic health care offered on a sliding fee scale.  That is my two cents.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Ok, since you work for one, maybe you can explain this -

My husband was working for Company X.  Our benefits started January 1, 2009.  We took my daughter in for her well-child check on January 14, 2009.  They covered it.  He was laid off in July 2009.  Now they are saying that the "dependents" were put on the policy AND taken off the policy on January 1, 2009.  On December 4, 2009, they took back their payment to our pediatrician.  I now owe the doctor $408.59 before they will see any of our kids.  WTH?

Quoting jslpruitt:

lol...I work for one...I hate our benefits...I am right there with you...you would think being employees we would get great benefits,...yeah right

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM

bump

jeromeo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Who took the dependents off of the policy?  You need to ask for verification of this.  Typically, the employer will pay for the employee only.  If you have dependents (your spouse and children) you will have to pay the premiums for them.  Did the monthly premiums come out of his check for you and the kids for January until he was laid off?  If not, then yes, they were not covered and this is not the fault of the insurance carrier.  If the premiums were paid for dependents then, you need to prove that by showing the paystubs.  I would also contact the carrier and ask why the children were removed and who requested this?  If you did not pay any premiums for yourself or the kids since January then you are actually saving money by just paying the Doctor what you owe.  If you have any questions let me know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)