Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOO upset! Toys For Tots

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 44 Replies

So apparently my husbands Command (hes Military) FORCED him to go to Toys for Tots for our daughter... I wouldnt be upset if we NEEDED it, but she has like 5 things to open up from us already, PLUS family... ao it is frusterating.. We meet the guidelines and all that stuff.. but.. we save ALL year for Christmas so that we can get and do stuff for ourselves and our family...

I feel like im taking away from another child when my Daughter doesnt even NEED anymore toys she has TONS...

But Apparently his Command MADE him do it because of some Political reason.. We are stationed on an Army Post, and apparently this is the first year that they have allowed the Marines to participate... I just feel so rotten... :(

I will probably end up just donating them back, cause we dont need them.. and im sure another child does...

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM

BUMP, sorry i just needed to vent!!!!! GRRRR 

luv2wahm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I don't understand this at all...I would just donate them back if you don't need them./

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

mayzell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Maybe he should ask them why he is being forced to do it?

Also tell theme he feels like he is taking another child's christmas away

ZoeCY
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Why on earth would they do that?  I would do like you said and donate them back.  Sorry, I would be frustrated about that too.

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Basically my husband is one of the lowest Ranking Marines here... so in order for the Army to continue to let the Marines continue participating... the Colonel here is making guys go that dont need them... (apparently theres a Toys for Tots that is only for military children then theres another one for civilians as well)

I called my husbands boss, and he basically told me thatI was ungrateful... I am NOT ungrateful.. but there are children out there with NOTHING.. my daughter is not one of those.. de we struggle YES.. but i am sure familys that make 100,000 a year struggle too.. everyone does...

I just dont get why they MADE him go get the toys... we got three big toys, two stocking stuffers, and a stocking... maybe i can find someone in my town that needs things for their baby...

Quoting luv2wahm:

I don't understand this at all...I would just donate them back if you don't need them./

mommam58122
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM

i think maybe they are just trying to make sure they get them to military you know everyone now a days with the war and stuff is worried about the military families i mean like we are army and we had the armed forces YMCA call asking if we wanted to put our kids in to be drawn for a local business' to sponser them for christmas there are a lot of local businesses that want to "adopt a military family" and i told them sure our kids have enough stuff but it doesnt hurt to have more i dont know what the guidelines for TFT's are but we are e4 and have heard nothing about it what so ever 

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

StillMagnolia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM

From your siggy it looks like your DH is a sergeant. Mine is too and I understand your frustration.  I have not dealt with this exact thing though.  My problem is with the people at our church trying to give us money for Christmas.  I told them the exact same thing you just did that i save all year to be able and buy what I want.  I even had money left over this year to help out another family.  If they are making him do it I would just donate them back.

Proud Marine Corps Wife to Christopher and Mommy to 2 little monsters that look just like their Daddy!  :0)

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:23 PM

As far as i KNOW he did.. him and i feel VERY strongly about stuff like this.. we also QUALIFY for wic.. but we dont use id cause we dont NEED it.. we live WELL under our means.. so that we can afford things as needed...

He said they made him do it because they want to continue their bonding with the Marines and Army.. but i dont understand all that crap... their are OFFICERS that make 3 times what my husband makes going and getting Toys for Tots.. I DO NOT understand this.. Im so sad.

Quoting mayzell:

Maybe he should ask them why he is being forced to do it?

Also tell theme he feels like he is taking another child's christmas away

prego7386
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM

yeah id justdonate them again. maybe take the to the thrift store on base if you have one so that you know another military family is getting them.

gypsydancer7
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Im picking up what your putting down about political reasons. I would be annoyed as well. Just find another needy family in your area and pass them on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)