Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do with them?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

Stuffed animals/dolls.. Im not talking a small amount.. im talking like 4 50 gallon containers stuffed to the MAX with them? Some my DD has never seen.. I am amazed at how many she has because shes only 4... they just appear. Granted some of them were mine when I was younger, some as gifts, some just appeared i swear! She does not play with them.. I want to just give them all to good will but thats A LOT of stuffed animals.. I dont know what to do with them all, I think I would feel bad If I dumped them off at good will. I know they have a TON already. Were moving in 3-4 months across country practically and I really dont want to take all that much with us.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM

give to Goodwill anyway or Freecycle.org? 

mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I donate my DD's unwanted stuffed toys to the local police and fire department. They hand them out to kids that have been in a traumatic situation. The sheriff's deputies always have teddy bears in the trunk of their patrol cars.

mayzell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM

yea, we had about 100 or so no exaggeration.. i gave most of them to a homeless shelter and the ones with tags i gave to kids on the angel tree that wanted teddy bears and such

Also having that many can cause allergies for your child

maddys_mommy_ny
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Check with your local childrens hospital, a lot of hospitals will take them to give out to sick kids. 

mykidsrock234
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Take them to goodwill

neenerashley

Im not sure my firedept would take them. Its volunteer ( I live in a small area).. I should look into it though. I know there are a lot of kids out here that would like them. Most of them are gently used since they have been packed up.

Quoting mirandas_mom:

I donate my DD's unwanted stuffed toys to the local police and fire department. They hand them out to kids that have been in a traumatic situation. The sheriff's deputies always have teddy bears in the trunk of their patrol cars.

Juliekat23

This is what I was going to suggest!

Quoting mirandas_mom:

CafeMom Tickers

mykidsrock234

That's a better idea!

Quoting maddys_mommy_ny:

Check with your local childrens hospital, a lot of hospitals will take them to give out to sick kids. 

mamacita4two
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM

very good idea!!

Quoting mirandas_mom:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Police, fire, ambulance and hospitals take them to comfort sick, injured or upset children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)