Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent question!!! please! PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 28 Replies

Hi ladies, it has been a LONG time since i've been on the site but i need a bit of advice and quick, mostly to calm my nerves.

Brief background- i miscarried at 19 weeks in july of 08- did autopsy and tons of tests, no results.. baby was healthy

miscarried at 11 weeks, twins measured 8 weeks- did chromosomal tests, no results. babies were fine.

I am pregnant a third time. I am around 9 weeks at the moment. I have a new doctor, due to the fact that i moved across country to be with my husband who is in the army.  I had my first ultrasound a week and three days ago. Baby looked perfect.  I had a blood test done this past thursday to check my progesterone levels (i have no idea why THIS doctor's lightbulb went on and the others didnt) and the doctor called friday to tell me that my levels were low. I started 25 mg of Progesterone Suppositories twice a day on friday. I have an ultrasound today. I am extremely worried that my progesterone levels are low because i already lost the baby. Is that possible?? Or am i worrying for nothing and the baby is probably still ok? I did a lot of research of other women who were in the same predicament and came across many different results. Any advice?? Please, any is appreciated.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommam58122
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM

hopeing for the best sorry i dont have any experience i havent had any problems with pregnancies so here is a bump for ya 

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

Trisha-Faye
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM

no info on this, but here is a bump.

I am always amazed at how the Bible, that portrays my Lord embracing the outcasts, touching the lepers, welcoming the Samaritans, not judging the woman taken in the act of adultery, and inviting 'all of ye,' not 'some of ye,' to 'come unto me,' can, in the hands of a few distorted people be turned into a book of hatred, violence and judgment."  J.S. Spong

Liberal Catholic, pro-choice, anti-bigotry, refusing to stand silent and complicit, 30 yrs married, mom of 4, grandma of 2(and one to be).
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Since I cannot help you I will give you a bump.

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I don't know anything about low progesterone levels, but I would think if that was a possiblity that the baby is gone the doctor would have checked, right?  Stressing -- as hard as it is -- isn't good, though.  It sounds like the doctor is being really thorough and covering all the bases...so there's no reason to think that you will miscarry again. 

I have a good friend who had three miscarriages.  The third was actually an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in having to have one of her ovaries removed.  After that, she had almost given up on trying to have another baby since it has been 9 years of trying for #2.  After all that, she just gave birth 3 weeks ago.  So, try not to stress.  It will all be fine. :-)

scygirl06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I asked for an ultrasound on thursday when i was there and he told me to just wait since im having one today.. in two hours! im so nervous! :(

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM

is there a way that you can go back to the docs, so you can speak about this face to face with her- find out what that is, what it means and all that? maybe even get an ultrasound, or just the heartbeat sound, so you can be sure that the baby is okay..?

other than that, i have no idea. try not to worry about it because if you are pregnant, the stress/worry isnt good (its not good in a normal pregnancy, so i cant imagine it'd be any better in one like this.. i'd also ask if you were high risk!)..

here's a bump, mama

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Quoting scygirl06:

I asked for an ultrasound on thursday when i was there and he told me to just wait since im having one today.. in two hours! im so nervous! :(

let us know how it goes!

scygirl06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM

yes i am definitely considered high risk.. like i was saying i have an ultrasound today in about two hours.. i failed to mention it is with a perinatologist.. if the baby IS okay, theyll also be checking cervical length and discussing what will be happening next.. i just worry that i wont even get to that point.

Saffyre
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Bump

ceciliam
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks. A month later I was pregnant with my son. I had asked my doctor to check my progesterone levels because I had read so much on that being cause for miscarriage in an otherwise healthy pregnancy. Well, my results came back that my levels were low so I started on progesterone. I was on it for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy and now I have a wonderful son. Make sure the progesterone you are taking is natural and not synthetic.

Also, my sister AND SIL both had low progesterone and had to do progesterone treatment and they both have healthy daughters. Good luck:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)