Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help....Need suggestions

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and our newborn daughter are having a difficult time bonding. She is normally a very happy baby, but when my husband has her, or any man for that matter, she screams. Only a woman can calm her down. My husband blames me and says I "baby" her too much. We keep arguing over the matter.....does anyone have any suggestions or been in a situation like this?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM

lay one of your shirts (that you have not washed) on him then have him hold the baby. have him lay on the bed and lay the baby next to him. have him hold the baby while you feed her. hand the baby off and go on a walk, eventually they will figure each other out.

capfelbeck
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:37 PM

thats how all of my kids were i have 3 boys and a girl. they just prefer women they are alot calmer and they have the motherly instinct. it gets better when they get older. my hubby gets really nervous with babies idk if this is how your hubby is but they grow out of it. good luck!!

Roe2457
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Sounds good to me. I never had that problem. Ro

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

lay one of your shirts (that you have not washed) on him then have him hold the baby. have him lay on the bed and lay the baby next to him. have him hold the baby while you feed her. hand the baby off and go on a walk, eventually they will figure each other out.

mom2four1978
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:41 PM

My son was like this when he was really small. He would not even let DH feed him. Now he is 22 months old and a total daddy's boy. When DH is around I don't even exist to the kid. Give it time and I'm sure she will warm up to him. also if your DH is nervous around her whether he shows it or not then she may not want to go to him. Babies are very empathetic to the feelings of others.

~ LIZZY~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)