• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatcha gonna do about it?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

So what are you doing this holiday season to make things better for people you don't know?

Are you going to volunteer your time? Donate some money? Buy gifts?

We financially cannot afford to help anyone out with their holiday celebrations and we're actually sponsored by a family in our town to recieve gifts which we are very grateful for!

I am trying to help others out as much as possible in a non-financial way. If I can help them do something that's physical or by being there for them. I try to do this all year long but I know it's difficult for many people.

So here is the challenge. What will YOU be doing this year to help make someone else's life better?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
treehugger823
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I wanted to do the angel tree, but money is tighter than we thought. I would like to volunteer, but it needs to be someplace that I can take my daughter with me. Where are you volunteering?

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
trishahammer
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:51 PM

well its not me personally, but the FD that i volunteer with is doing a spaghetti dinner for a family that just lost their home in a fire and all the proceeds are going to the family!!!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

We have a local shelter (the same that's helping me) and I will be helping them load and unload things.

I am the same as you though, I need either a sitter or to be able to take my kids with me. But on a regular basis I just go out of my way to make others happy. Like on Black Friday for instance, I made sure I was nice to all the employees, saying good morning and thank you and I said excuse me to every person I was walking by, held the door open for other people. Small things but things that could help make someones day.

Quoting treehugger823:

I wanted to do the angel tree, but money is tighter than we thought. I would like to volunteer, but it needs to be someplace that I can take my daughter with me. Where are you volunteering?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I do ALOT all year for others in need, financially and physically.  I must admit that at the Holidays I do for my family more than for others!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)