• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leapster 2 question

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

My mom is getting my DD a Leapster 2 for christmas, but she can't afford to buy her a game.  We've already spent our christmas budget before we knew she was getting it so we can't afford to buy her game either.

So the question is does this thing come with any games built in, or is it just a paper weight until we can afford to buy her a game?

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - (Cibd)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoguesMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I think it comes with demo games 

JenB1983
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Just looked on the boxes(our boys are each getting one for Christmas too lol); and it says 2 games are included.  so I'm guessing they are just installed on the game like with the original Leapster.

KandiceN
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Thanks.  I sure hope they're at least decent games because we probably can't afford to buy her one until her birthday in March..  :-\  I wish my mom would have thought about this before buying it!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - (Cibd)

3greatkids751
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

My dd had the old Leapster and it came w/ demo games and some learning things like painting, ect. It will keep her entertained until she gets a new game that's for sure.. My 7 yr old sometimes takes her game out just to play the other things it has on there.. GL and I'm trying to figure the same thing  out for the Leapfrog Diji because that's what I'm getting my 6 yr old for X-mas and I was wondering what it has built into it already..I'm getting her a 5.00 game though, they have some pretty cheap games if you take a peak on "leapfrog.com" they are having a HUGE sale going on right now and that's where I'm buying my dd's stuff from and shipping is FREE! =)

pregnancy

Wifey to my Marine since 3/7/07, Mommy to 3 little princesses- Faith Grace 2/16/02,    Kaylee Marie 3/14/04, Madison Ava 1/24/08.. Our first little prince is due 3/27/10

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I want to say the one we got DD says it comes with one free game download from their online site. 

CafeMom Tickers

JenB1983
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Quoting 3greatkids751:

My dd had the old Leapster and it came w/ demo games and some learning things like painting, ect. It will keep her entertained until she gets a new game that's for sure.. My 7 yr old sometimes takes her game out just to play the other things it has on there.. GL and I'm trying to figure the same thing  out for the Leapfrog Diji because that's what I'm getting my 6 yr old for X-mas and I was wondering what it has built into it already..I'm getting her a 5.00 game though, they have some pretty cheap games if you take a peak on "leapfrog.com" they are having a HUGE sale going on right now and that's where I'm buying my dd's stuff from and shipping is FREE! =)

I'm so mad at them!  LOL  I went to that site for cyber monday; got AWESOME deals, tons of stuff, even had a coupon code I found online.......total was about 1/3 of what it normally would have been......

And then find out they don't ship to APO boxes. :-(  GRRRRRRRRRRRR

3greatkids751
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I feel kinda dumb now but what's an APO box ?? lol  also where did ya find the online coupons at??  I was about to buy her system from toys r us and i'm sooo happy I didn't cause I would have been spending a ton of $ on the thing when I could have got it for 60 bucks at there site!

Quoting JenB1983:

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I'm so mad at them!  LOL  I went to that site for cyber monday; got AWESOME deals, tons of stuff, even had a coupon code I found online.......total was about 1/3 of what it normally would have been......

And then find out they don't ship to APO boxes. :-(  GRRRRRRRRRRRR

pregnancy

Wifey to my Marine since 3/7/07, Mommy to 3 little princesses- Faith Grace 2/16/02,    Kaylee Marie 3/14/04, Madison Ava 1/24/08.. Our first little prince is due 3/27/10

Swtmama62205
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM

ohhh your gonna love that toy.  My boys each have one they are awesome.  But i need to get more games for theirs also.  I am just thinking now i wonder if gamestop(the used game store) sells games??

JenB1983
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I feel kinda dumb now but what's an APO box ?? lol  also where did ya find the online coupons at??  I was about to buy her system from toys r us and i'm sooo happy I didn't cause I would have been spending a ton of $ on the thing when I could have got it for 60 bucks at there site

LOL...that's ok.  It's Army Post Office.  We are stationed in Germany; so our mail goes to an APO, so that it costs the same as sending in the US.  Unfortunately a lot of vendors won't ship overseas. :-(

Here is what google came up with for coupons!

http://www.google.com/search?q=leapster.com+coupon+code&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en

3greatkids751
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Ohh ok.. thanks so much!! =)

Quoting JenB1983:

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I feel kinda dumb now but what's an APO box ?? lol  also where did ya find the online coupons at??  I was about to buy her system from toys r us and i'm sooo happy I didn't cause I would have been spending a ton of $ on the thing when I could have got it for 60 bucks at there site

LOL...that's ok.  It's Army Post Office.  We are stationed in Germany; so our mail goes to an APO, so that it costs the same as sending in the US.  Unfortunately a lot of vendors won't ship overseas. :-(

Here is what google came up with for coupons!

http://www.google.com/search?q=leapster.com+coupon+code&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)