Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LMAO he wants to use gloves to change our son's diapers!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM
  • 32 Replies

So my DH comes home from work the other day and starts going off about how he wants to go to Costco and buy a big box of laytex gloves. I looked at him kind of funny and asked "Um....why do we need laytex gloves?" He said to me, in TOTAL seriousness, "to use them to change Daniel's diaper, of course. I don't want to get poop on my hands!" I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. Some background info: this is our first kid, I'm due March 1st. My DH has never really been around kids and NEVER changed a diaper. I worked in daycares from when I was 14 to 19 plus I babysat a ton, so I know a thing or two about changing diapers. He started getting pissy and wanted to know what I thought was so funny. The idea that EVERY time our son has a poopy diaper he wants to stop everything and put on a pair of laytex gloves before handling him.....HAHAHA. We're going to be using cloth diapers too, I hate think what he's going to do to get the poop off the diaper. It's just some baby poop, it's not gonna kill you. I told him he better get used to the idea of getting poop on him because babies are messy.....he's gonna get pooped on, leaky diapers, puked on, etc. He just sighed and left the room. Oh I can't wait to see the look on his face the first time he changes a diaper.....it's gonna be priceless!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I used to use gloves. It's not a bad idea.

Valerie429
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM

That's too cute.  The first time my hubby changed our daughters diaper, she pooped in his hand!!  It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen.  Guess she wasnt done with the diaper.

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

no one ever wants to get poop on them.... Then you become a parent and you do. lol! that's pretty funny.

My stbx husband used an entire roll of toilet paper on our daughter when she had a poop diaper and it was his first time alone with her.... seriously dude, wipes are easier to get that crap (no pun intended) off.  lol

Men are the most horrible creatures honey, they will ruin your life you mark my words...

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

lol, well we cloth and dh wont dump the pooh in the toilet. He puts them in a bag and forgets about them and not with the rest so they don't end up washed when I wash the,. Once he put a diaper in a plastic bag and it it got tons of maggots in it. I threw it away! Wasnt putting my baby in that nasty diaper again, and it was one of the expesive ones to. I said fine you keep doing that I am just going to keep throwing them away and you can pay for more. lol So yep, got new diapers coming.

nemiller
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

i'd tell him whatever makes him happy, as long as he's aware that "it stinks" isn't an excuse to get out of it (my husband has tried this).  of course it stinks.  it's poop.

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I should totally mention that to my DH, he is terrified of changing poopy diapers! Nose plugs would be good too.....I wonder if costco sells bulk nose plugs LMAO

CafeMom Tickers
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Too cute and funny.  Although, not something that's sustainable if you consider they need diaper changes 24 hours a day.

triforcechick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Eww! Meggots? That's disgusting! Lol I'm sorry.

Quoting misssy2000:

lol, well we cloth and dh wont dump the pooh in the toilet. He puts them in a bag and forgets about them and not with the rest so they don't end up washed when I wash the,. Once he put a diaper in a plastic bag and it it got tons of maggots in it. I threw it away! I said fine you keep doing that I am just going to keep throwing them away and you can pay for more. lol So yep, got new diapers coming.

CafeMom Tickers
candicefield
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM

wow lol...I would make sure using latex is ok since so many people have allergies to it before he starts changing diapers with them on. Maybe he could get some vinyl exam gloves instead. That is pretty funny though.

triforcechick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Lol with him I'm sure he'll try to use that as an excuse. I told him if he really needs them, we can get some gloves but it just seems like such a waste of money, especially with how often babies poop.

Quoting nemiller:

i'd tell him whatever makes him happy, as long as he's aware that "it stinks" isn't an excuse to get out of it (my husband has tried this).  of course it stinks.  it's poop.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)