• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for those on PA esp. WIC ~ spin off really bad WIC appointment

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 106 Replies

It seems to me that many who receive WIC are "insulted" that the person working there might suggest your child is too skinny or too heavy.   Is it because you feel your parenting is being questioned.  I saw many replies about how they have no business asking about doctors appt., making someone take a nutritional class etc.

You do realize that to receive WIC there are certain things that need to be monitored and that they are allowed to check up on your child with his/her doctor.

Help me understand your hostility...because to me it seems like many just want the money/food.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
house_wife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM

are you just trying to start drama? Bored much?

new baby

Proud mommy to Adrian 6/6/08 and soon to be mommy of Hailey.  Loving SAHM to Dan!!

savannahnhi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

This is gonna to be fun.popcorn

Swtmama62205
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

i have never received wic.  But what i am getting from the replies is the wic peoples attitude.  And then when they say there pediatrician says its okay the wic people act like there smarter then the pedi.  Dont most of the wic people have NO training in that area?

kat247
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Quoting house_wife:

are you just trying to start drama? Bored much?

rachelmm007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting savannahnhi:

ditto! can i have some of that popcor please?!?!

bailey_rc

I understand what you are saying. I don't think some people realize the point of Wic is to ensure that children have the right nutrition. Thats why you now get wheat bread and fruits and veg.

Mom2HannahNZach

A requirement of WIC is that you attend nutrition classes, so it floors me when everyon bitches about them. 

Kaibutsu

I've been on WIC before (might be again soon) and I hated how much trouble it was BUT it's free food! You really can't be picky about free kwim?

bluesky51201
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I don't think she's trying to start drama at all.  It seems like a valid question because people are always coming on here bitching about the WIC office and how dare they question this or say that.  They are there to see that your child is getting the proper nutrition.  I look forward to seeing the answers.

savannahnhi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting rachelmm007:

Quoting savannahnhi:

ditto! can i have some of that popcor please?!?!

sure.  this is going to get messy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)