Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG. I feel like the WORST mother EVER.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 8 month old dd just busted her nose! bloody and everything! and its my fault!

she was crawling near the christmas tree, and i went to grab her before she hurt herself (or anything else) and before i got to her, she knocked a glass ball off the tree and it shattered! I was yelling to noah to stay still so he wouldnt step on any of it and i stood Ava up next to the coffee table (she holds on and cruises all the time) but she lost her grip, and BAM! right on the floor!

i heard her crying but i thought she just fell down, so i finished picking up the pieces and looked over and there's a puddle of blood on my floor! i cleaned her up and she's in her playcenter now. the bleeding stopped but omg i feel like the worst mommy ever! I'm in tears!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Richys_Girl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:07 PM

:( I'm sorry momma. 

christmas storyI Tripple Dog Dare You I xxchelseaA Christmas Story

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Oh, mama...these things happen!!  Ive bonked my poor DD on the head more than once putting her in her carseat and she still loves me!!  Hell, I was sitting in my mom's recliner and she went to jump when I moved my arm-her first black eye.  I cried with her! 

I would recommend getting the shatterproof balls next year though.  Go after Christmas and they will be clearanced.  And, yes, they really don't break-I purposely dropped them on the store's concrete floor just to make sure before buying them!  I spent too much time picking up pieces last year.  

CafeMom Tickers

tinybubblez
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM

don't beat yourself up. it was an accident. it could've been worse with the broken glass.hope your DD's boo boo feels better.

hugs

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Similar things have happened to all my kids.  Accidents happen, don't worry mama your baby will be fine.

raegansmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You can't be everywhere at once.  You can only do your best.  I hope she heals quickly.

ajc0623
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Awww I'm so sorry mama. When DS was first learing how to stand holding the table he feel and busted above his eye open. He still has a scar. He's only 13 months old so I'm guessing he'll have a bunch more scars in his life.

Check out this awesome group where I got my siggy here

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hugs hugs hugs.  It happens.  Hope her owie and your heart get better soon caus I know it gave you an owie in your heart.  Been there!  HUGS again 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)