Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this...normal???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

(before i start, neither of the pictures are mine, they are just being used for a mental picture)

my son has learned to crawl!!!! which is great but he doesnt crawl like normal babies ive seen.  his left leg (when he crawls) is sorta like stading ish positioin like this,  but his knee is still kinda bent..when he crawls his right leg is stationed like this,  but its more like the ankle is attached to his butt, like he is sitting on it and the problem from there is, the right leg remains like that and he drags it behind him...it looks weird and tho he doesnt seem in pain im worried about him crawling like that...is this normal or am i justified enough to go and have his legs looked at???

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
McKennasmom03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

First off.. Kids are weird. LOL. This is normal. He uses the foot 'normally' for other things and has strength in it? Then he is fine. It's just that they have to crawl. Not the way they crawl. My youngest DD had severe reflux. So she crawled like Mawgli in Jungle Book. And then she stood up and ran and has been running since. LOL. My oldest had a 'weird' crawl as well. Good luck keeping him out of stuff now.  

Paesana82
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Both my  kids did a kind of lopsided crawl when they first started crawling! Too bad my comp messed up, on my old one I had a video of it...I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Anyway, if your son just started top crawl, I wouldn't worry. Once he gets better at it, it'll probably get better....or, he may be like my DD and never crawl really good, just start walking at 9mo.

In any case, if you are really worried about his legs, check him out when he's not crawling....look to see if they move the same(like he can bend them, straighten them out) also look to see if they look similar(not one chubby one and one thin one or something like that)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

DaisyAg2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM

My 1st two kids never crawled "normally".  They used only their arms and dragged the rest of their body around, using their big toes to push off.

My last 2 crawled "normal".

All of my kids were walking no later than 10 months.

Once they find a "mode of transportation" that works for them, they don't care how they look getting there, kwim?  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)