Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let ur kids fight/argue it out???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you let ur kids fight it out?

why or why not?

if so,whats the age difference,and how old are they now?

my kids are only 3 and 13 months old! they argue like the 13 yr old knows whats going on! 13 mo old always pulls hair then my 3 yr old atempts to slap her hand and put her in corner but i tell her "no,thats mommys job," and explain to my 13 mo old why its bad to pull her sisters hair,(like she knows what im saying! lol

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themacs4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM

No, because my older one is 12 and my younger one is almost 2.  You wouldn't think a 12 year old would argue with an almost 2 year old, but she does...sheesh..

DaisyAg2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I let them try to resolve their issues alone, but keep an eye on them...if it starts to get too heated, as it all too often does, then I will step in.

My kids are 5, 4, 2, and 14 months.

mamacita4two
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM

my kids are only 3 and 13 months old! they argue like the 13 yr old knows whats going on! 13 mo old always pulls hair then my 3 yr old atempts to slap her hand and put her in corner but i tell her "no,thats mommys job," and explain to my 13 mo old why its bad to pull her sisters hair,(like she knows what im saying! lol

25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM

No, not physically fight. There are rules; They must talk, not yell and find a way for each one to be happy. Hope this helps them learn to  co-operate with others.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
mitch576
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM

they are 12, 6 and almost 4.  {mila is almost 4}  me-la

and no.. i don't.

why?

because mila is one tough bitch and will kick the crap out of those two boys

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

DaisyAg2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I think a lot of it is establishing a "pecking order" so to speak.  It's funny because my oldest is our little mommy...she tries to mediate and step in a lot of the times...then of course that makes the others mad because and I quote, "You are not my mother"!  LOL

Quoting mamacita4two:

DaisyAg2003
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Edited to add:  I don't let them physically fight it out.  I step in when arguments and disagreements get too heated.

AlexaPISCES
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Not physically. They are 3 and 8, so they argue and have power struggles. The 3 yo will scream until he gets his way and my 8 yo gets very frustrated with this so I tell her to just walk away.

mamacita4two
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM

LOL

sounds like an argument with my 3 yr old

when i tell her not to do soemthing and she doesnt get her way,she says "your not my best friend"

usually i ignore it,but yesterday i said

:IM NOT YOUR BEST FRIEND,IM YOUR MOTHER!" and she looked at me like "...you bitch....." (if her eyes could kill,id be 6 ft under!)

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

I think a lot of it is establishing a "pecking order" so to speak.  It's funny because my oldest is our little mommy...she tries to mediate and step in a lot of the times...then of course that makes the others mad because and I quote, "You are not my mother"!  LOL

Quoting mamacita4two:

MsPsychotic
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

My children are 12, 6 and 4. I let them hash out their issues on their own, but I keep a close eye/ear. So long as they can hash it out peacefully, I let them be. When doors start slamming or names start being thrown around, I step in. I want them to learn how to resolve a conflict the proper way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)