• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice: How can we keep from getting sick so often???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey fellow moms! 

I'm a proud SAHM of twin 4 year old boys and a 1 year old girl.  It seems since the boys were born, we have been sick at least once a month... I have tried EVERYTHING and can't figure out why or what to do to boost our immune systems.  I thought I would turn to you lovely ladies and see if any of you might have some good advice in this area.  Any ideas would be great!!  Thank you all!!

sick

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandalouwhotn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:23 PM

It may be something in your house.  Have your vents cleaned.  How often do you clean your walls and fans?  After a child is sick you should strip there bed, lysol everythng clean dooeknobs and stuff.  Its hard when they are so close in age but thise are my suggestions.

1plustwins1076
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Getting the vents cleaned is a great idea.. I try to keep up with everything else as best I can! :-)  Thank you!

ECMOM970
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Clean CLean Clean...You need to clean everything! Every room in the house needs to be disenfected and cleaned..vents are excellent place to start! Eat healthy...alot of Vit. C...Drink water...and wash wash wash your hands all the time!

soon2bemomof307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:34 PM

We rarely ever get sick because I encourage my children to wash their hands after coming home from school or being out in the public, before they eat and of course after using the restroom. I also avoid bad foods and give them foods high in vitamins like a and c. We also use dehumidifiers and purifiers to keep out allergens and moisture that can breed mildew. Don't allow cigarette smoke in your home either, many kids get sick from being around it. HTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)