Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you read it? No bashing.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you wanna read a young persons story?

Options:

yes

no

other...explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

I was going thru my boxes of books and found my old writing book with "my life story" in it I started writing when I was actually in 6th grade. I was diagnosed with Rheu,atoid arthritis in June of 92 and that same month my grandpa died right in front of me. disability got so sever i was wheelchair bound, had surgeries, when thru school and dealing with kids who didnt undrestand hit my teen yrs and got bad into depression and attempted suicide, met my ex (my sons father) in senior yr and was abused and cheated on the whole 4 yrs. sunk back into teh depression be4 having teh baby, etc etc and became a cutter and now bi polar with the arthritis, depression, and a single mom and Im 22. I have had a very twisted and interesting life and I have been debating whether or not to continue writing and submitting it for publication thru a relatives friend who says she would love to help it get published BUT I dont know if I want certain ppl to know everything yet and I dont know if people would want to read it or understand. What would u guys do? would u read a book by a 22 yr old and be inetrested in their life experiences or is it not worth it to finish????

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ECMOM970
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I wouldn't personally but your story may help others living with this and it may help them out a great deal!

randiedwards87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Quoting ECMOM970:

I wouldn't personally but your story may help others living with this and it may help them out a great deal!

thank u for the response!

SpiritFortress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Many people would be interested in reading your story. Look how many people are interested in getting involved with others lives every minute of every day here on Cafemom! If you are concerned with privacy and not sure about self-disclosure to certain people you could publish under a pen name and try to stay anonymous that way. Best wishes in whatever you decide to do with your story. Dave Pelzer told his story and look how many people were interested in that!

randiedwards87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Many people would be interested in reading your story. Look how many people are interested in getting involved with others lives every minute of every day here on Cafemom! If you are concerned with privacy and not sure about self-disclosure to certain people you could publish under a pen name and try to stay anonymous that way. Best wishes in whatever you decide to do with your story. Dave Pelzer told his story and look how many people were interested in that!

Thats what my college prof suggested....I can use a pen name. I love Dave's story.  I would love to help ppl but I dont think I would be able 2 handle a lot of bashing which would be expected from readers also. Im sensitive when it comes to my health issues.

SpiritFortress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Yes, you would definitely need to learn how to cope with any negativity/criticism before taking on this venture. I'm very sensitive about my issues too. I'm really grateful to have met a really nice woman on Cafemom that I can talk with about my issues and she doesn't judge me. My issues are mental health related and I feel many people don't understand because how can they if they don't experience the same symptoms? I hope you are getting the best of care. :)

Quoting randiedwards87:

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Thats what my college prof suggested....I can use a pen name. I love Dave's story.  I would love to help ppl but I dont think I would be able 2 handle a lot of bashing which would be expected from readers also. Im sensitive when it comes to my health issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)