Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know how to lessen ear pain?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a very nasty ear ache and was told to take tylone, which isn't cutting it....need advice...Please note I am breastfeeding....and i have 2 kids under 2 so nothing that will knock me out. Thanks

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
minimom11107
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM
A warm washcloth used to help me when I was younger, I always used to get them. Just put a washcloth in hot water, wring it out, fold it up and put it on your ear.
ECMOM970
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM

You can get over the couonter ear pain drops...they work great!

gobimom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:38 PM

The ENT I work with always says to chew gum 

Trisha-Faye
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:46 PM

try dripping some warm olive oil in the ear.  Also if you have a heating pad use it over the ear.

I am always amazed at how the Bible, that portrays my Lord embracing the outcasts, touching the lepers, welcoming the Samaritans, not judging the woman taken in the act of adultery, and inviting 'all of ye,' not 'some of ye,' to 'come unto me,' can, in the hands of a few distorted people be turned into a book of hatred, violence and judgment."  J.S. Spong

Liberal Catholic, pro-choice, anti-bigotry, refusing to stand silent and complicit, 30 yrs married, mom of 4, grandma of 2(and one to be).
mnmsmom2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM

My grandpa would smoke his pipe and blow the smoke in my ear, always made it feel better.  I don't know if anyone smokes a pipe anymore tho lol.

Yadira425
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hydrogen Peroxide to wash out the ear then a cotton ball to cover the ear. Helps me

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)