Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hummina Hummina Hummina

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

My kids were watching TV before school and had it on the Disney channel.  I didn't change it, but I just heard something strange...

A cartoon called "The Spectacular Spider-Man" is on.  All of a sudden I hear a character on the cartoon go, "Hummina hummina hummina comes to mind." and then it went to commercial break.

Are those words ever used in a non-sexual way or is it just me?  I am totally confused right now on what he could have been referring to.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM

humina, humina, humina... sounds like someone deep in thought, trying to remember something and babbling out loud. No, not a sexual term, IMO. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
ECMOM970
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Rewind it if you have Tivo and see but I do not think it was sexual in nature! Of course some people may disagree...as they thought Tinker Bell's clothes were too revealing so now they have covered her up completely!!!

TwitchyPookie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I don't think I've ever heard it used in a non sexual way in cartoons. And to me it's kind of wierd to put adult inuendos and subliminal messaging and whatnot in kids cartoons...specially since kids copy alot of what they watch. I think it would be awkward to have a ds walk up to his teacher and go humina humina humina (even if he has no clue what it means)

amber0678
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM

eye rollingum...ok.

CafeMom Tickers

BaisMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM

LOL Hummina hummina hummina.

I always thought it meant the person was trying to conjure a memory or something. I mean I've heard it used as an expression when looking at a hot girl or guy, but I've also known it to be used when a person is thinking really hard.

Young and single. Call me a statistic if you'd like, it doesn't change the fact that I am a smart, strong, and confident mother. There are also a number of other things that you might not like about me: I breastfed AND formula fed. My daughter is on a delayed vax'ing schedule. I had a c-section. Organic food is nasty. I don't spank, but I do whoop ass. I let my daughter get hurt and make mistakes, I want her to learn through experience, it's the best way. I am an Atheist, my daughter has never been to church nor read the bible. I don't believe that I need to look to a "god" to have morals. I believe in reason, science, the Earth, and I believe in PEOPLE. Despite my heathen ways, I have a pure heart <3 and my daughter is healthy, smart, happy, beautiful, and loving; and she knows she's loved.

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Lol..I have only heard it on TV when a guy sees a hot girl.  That is why I was so confused and I am sitting here on the computer and then heard it coming from a cartoon.  I was like "huh?".

Quoting BaisMom:

LOL Hummina hummina hummina.

I always thought it meant the person was trying to conjure a memory or something. I mean I've heard it used as an expression when looking at a hot girl or guy, but I've also known it to be used when a person is thinking really hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)