Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She had to be right...didn't she!?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

MOM'S! They are almost always right! haha!

Don't you hate when you are in a coversation or have a moment and you realize that something your mother said YEARS ago was true all along? lol

For instance-my brother and I were chatting online the other week for about and hour and at the end we both told each other we loved each other and missed each other and said goodbye!

Growing up-I really disliked my stinkin older brothers (I have 3). Anyways-my mom use to always say. "One day y'all will love each other."

We would all look at each other roll our eyes and bust out laughing!

So what things do/did your mom say to you or still say and you realize that she was right and you just want to kick yourself for not listening!?

Photobucket

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echoishername
by Misty on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Someday you will have a daughter JUST like you!

TwitchyPookie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Everyday is something I realize my mother was right...Like how I'd repeat all the same parental things to my kids that she said to me. I.E "I'm your mother and I said so" things like that...and we'll be right to our kids when they get older LMAO

~Heather~Wife to Nathaniel~Mommy to Chavelle/Micheal/Hecate~
mommibee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM

This happens to me daily.  We co-live with my parents in a very large home.  The space helps but it doesn't always detour my mom for telling me how to raise my kids.  I hate when she gives comments about what I say.  It is my house to and I have my opinions.  I just told my three year old that I would like to take him for a walk....It wasn't meant right at the moment.  Well, she went off saying that you should have never said anything to him if you weren't going to to it right away.   OOKkay....so I can't say what is on my mind and I have to think like her exactly?  I think not.  She needs to stay out of my way.  She is getting way to obnoxious and she is going through menopause.  And you know what, so am I in a way.  I had a hyst. and have to take pills everyday to regulate my hormones.  I have told her more than once that she needs to address her anger issues with her doc.  She needs to be more aware of other people's feelings as well.

She can be right at times but she goes about it the wrong way, out of arrogance.  Really though, most of the time she is wrong but will never admit she is.  That is the problem.  I wouldn't really care if she would just admit what she said was uncalled for.

ShawnaH2005
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM

This! And it is more true everyday.....

Quoting echoishername:

mary.kaiser
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Or as my famous mother has said "I brought you into this world-I can take you out!"

LMAO! Always made me giggle!

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

Everyday is something I realize my mother was right...Like how I'd repeat all the same parental things to my kids that she said to me. I.E "I'm your mother and I said so" things like that...and we'll be right to our kids when they get older LMAO

Photobucket

allurasmamma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

just wait untill you have kids of your own...lol......mom....real funny........

AshMomToShawn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quoting allurasmamma:

just wait untill you have kids of your own...lol......mom....real funny........

I know right. My mom said that all the time and now I do....And she was right.

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

All the time.

marinewife0523
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM

more like what my dad would always say (mom was never in my life really) he'd just tell me one day I'll grow up and see that doing drugs, and having a f*ck you kind of attitude, is not the way to live life, and that I'll look back and say what was I thinking! Then things about being married, and why he would choose my step mom over us even though it made us so mad, well he wasn't going to live with us for the rest of our lives so of course he had to side with her! and now I see that with my husband. I don't care what other ppl say, whether he's right or wrong I'm on his team.

BaisMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Quoting echoishername:

OMG! THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom ALWAYS said this to me when I was growing up!

And wouldn't you know it?! My daughter is bad as hell :/

Young and single. Call me a statistic if you'd like, it doesn't change the fact that I am a smart, strong, and confident mother. There are also a number of other things that you might not like about me: I breastfed AND formula fed. My daughter is on a delayed vax'ing schedule. I had a c-section. Organic food is nasty. I don't spank, but I do whoop ass. I let my daughter get hurt and make mistakes, I want her to learn through experience, it's the best way. I am an Atheist, my daughter has never been to church nor read the bible. I don't believe that I need to look to a "god" to have morals. I believe in reason, science, the Earth, and I believe in PEOPLE. Despite my heathen ways, I have a pure heart <3 and my daughter is healthy, smart, happy, beautiful, and loving; and she knows she's loved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)