Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH?!?!?! **UPDATE #3***

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 69 Replies

My grandpa (on my Dad's side), we call him Papaw, is in the hospital. He has been sick for a very long time. He has severe COPD and severe asthma. His lungs are just horrible. He has been in the hospital for 4 days now and no one called to tell me!!! My dad is a loser..and I'm sort of the black sheep in the family, but how can no one call me at a time like this!!! I'm soooo upset. I'm beyond sad..I've never lost anyone close to me before. And I'm so pissed that no one let me know! He is being sent home in a day or two with hospice care, so it won't be long now... I just needed to vent, and get all this off my chest.  I'm so upset right now, I've cried all day, and I'm home alone with my kids and no one to talk to. =(

Update: Well, I did get to go see him yesterday evening. It was just him and my mamaw and me there. He was awake so I got to talk to him some. It was a good visit. I'm going to try to go and see him later on today too. They aren't sure if he is going home from the hospital today or tomorrow, but when he does he will have hospice care. I'm not sure if the doctors have given a time frame on how long they think he will make it. My mamaw doesn't seem to be able to really talk about it much, so I didn't ask because I didn't want to upset her more than she already is. I will wait until I can talk to one of my aunts about it. Alot of family is coming from all around to visit him. This is a very hard time for the whole family, so prayers for strength and comfort for all of us would be wonderful.

EDIT: I cannot believe I have only gotten a very few replies to this post. I cannot understand how so many people can reply to drama posts, or picture posts, but no one can give well wishes to someone that is hurting??? That just blows my mind. I've even seen posts where someones dog was sick and it got more replies than my post!! And I'm sorry, but in my eyes my Papaw is way more important than a dog.. But whatever...that's just the way CM is I guess...  I marked this out, because I'm not trying to start drama or have a "temper tantrum" like some one said I was. I am just very sad and upset, and was hurt by the few replies that I had earlier. But I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has replied with well wishes and prayers!! It means so much to me right now.

UPDATE #2: I just found out that my grandma (on my moms side) isn't doing well either. The doctors said that her kidneys are failing. She has another doctor's appointment tomorrow, and we will find out more about what they think they can do for her...  =(  Why does all of this have to happen at the same time?? As if I'm not going through enough already....

Update #3. He just got sent home from the hospital. My two aunts were there with him. They said that hospice would be there at the house first thing in the morning. One of my aunts said that hospice would be taking him off of all of his breathing meds... If they do that it really won't be long at all. I just hope that my mom, sister and brother make in to town in time to see him and say good bye...

I did get to take my kids to see him this afternoon after school before he left the hospital. He was so glad to see them, and  they had a good visit. They sang him some Christmas carols that they had sang in their Christmas program at school earlier today. He really liked that. He really enjoyed seeing them. He almost cried telling them good bye...it was like he thought he may never see them again. I almost broke down into tears, but I didn't. I'm trying so hard to hold it together in front of him. He has said that he's not afraid of dying because he knows where he's going, but that he's only afraid to leave his family. So we are all trying to make it easier on him...

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaM27
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM

so sorry i would be so pissed too

Do you want to vent? Join my group!! WTF

wifemomteacher
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I am so sorry.  :(

This happned to me as well...only my father died...and no one told me.

happychick2525
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I am so very sorry this happened to you, is there any way you can go and see him? If so, I would truly try because this kind of happened to me and I regret it to this day not going to say good bye. I was lucky enough though that I saw him the last night and was the last person other then my grandma to give him a kiss and tell him I loved him. So in a way, I said good bye. If you can't go see him, can you call him? I am sorry this is happening to you, I know what it's like. Take care.

fenders35
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

hugging

usmommie2383
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hugs hun!!!!I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anyone to talk to. Im here. I have lost many that are close to me, one being my dad and  another being my grandpa. Keep your head up!

~~Hugs~~

1busymomma03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM

That is so horrible. I don't care what kind of relationship a family has, everyone in the family deserves to know when something this serious is happening!! 

But what bothers me so bad, is my family is full of very religious Christians.. the reason I'm the black sheep is because they all think I'm living in sin because my Dh is my second husband. In their eyes I should have never divorced my first husband even though he was physically and emotionally abusive... How can a family full of so called Christians not think it's the right thing to do to call me and tell me what's happening????

Quoting wifemomteacher:

I am so sorry.  :(

This happned to me as well...only my father died...and no one told me.

1busymomma03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I can go see him. We live in the same town...which is another reason why it's ridiculous that no one called to tell me, or even came by my house to tell me... My kids are sick with a cold, so they can't go but my MIL is going to watch them for me this afternoon so I can go see him.

Quoting happychick2525:

I am so very sorry this happened to you, is there any way you can go and see him? If so, I would truly try because this kind of happened to me and I regret it to this day not going to say good bye. I was lucky enough though that I saw him the last night and was the last person other then my grandma to give him a kiss and tell him I loved him. So in a way, I said good bye. If you can't go see him, can you call him? I am sorry this is happening to you, I know what it's like. Take care.

happychick2525
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Good, I know it doesn't seem like it but seeing him and giving him a hug and a kiss will comfort you later on. I have always been greatful for that last moment I had with him the night before, it's how I remember him. I don't think of his death, I remember him by his life and that always puts a smile on my face.

1busymomma03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Thank you!!

Quoting usmommie2383:

Hugs hun!!!!I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anyone to talk to. Im here. I have lost many that are close to me, one being my dad and  another being my grandpa. Keep your head up!

~~Hugs~~

1busymomma03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Thank you. I do hope it makes me feel that way later on.

Quoting happychick2525:

Good, I know it doesn't seem like it but seeing him and giving him a hug and a kiss will comfort you later on. I have always been greatful for that last moment I had with him the night before, it's how I remember him. I don't think of his death, I remember him by his life and that always puts a smile on my face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)